zen dome for e-pl5 in oly housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEDiamond

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
am about to get a zen dome for my 9-18 oly lens/e-pl5...anybody have a text or video reference on how to change ports...I currently have the standard port on, and I remember someone somewhere saying the oly housing requires some effort to switch ports.....aloha and thanks for any help...peter

Its quite simple to do, especially with a strap wrench - which now lives in my camera box. Those Zen instructions are super clear.

I've removed and left out the locking Screw on mine (it isn't going to fall out, if you have twisted it into position) and I've white painted on the outside an alignment marker, showing the port and housing are in correct position - just so I can quickly check before hitting the water.

I'm changing the ports regularly and having to unscrew the lock got annoying!

I would say the Zen Ports are a little stiffer than the Olympus ports, with the olympus ports sliding in and out quite easily compared to the Zen ones.

(I have both the 9-18mm and the 8mm ports)

thanks for the quick replies...the directions seem pretty clear, thanks Beaver...your alignment marker sounds a good idea trickster, now I am looking forward to getting the dome....aloha...peter

Just received the Zen Pen Dome the instructions are easy to follow. I have the PT-EP10 housing for the EPL-5 and the turning directions are the reverse as described in the generic instructions. Pretty obvious on which is the correct way to turn when you look inside the housing at how the dome locks into the housing. I highly recommend the strap wrench too. I picked one up at Home Depot for $7 it's all plastic construction works well in a humid salty environment.

thanks spoke...I agree the instructions seem to cover it well as I just got mine...I had to order the wrench from amazon as my local Home Depot didnt have them...aloha....peter

Back
Top Bottom