Zena compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just picked up an older Zena for my girlfriend. My girlfriend zipped it up and immediately said that it was the most comfortable BCD she has tried on!

However, it's probably at least six or seven years old and kind of beat up. How long have they been in production and will newer parts fit on older bladders, etc. Also, it is missing a tank strap. Can those be replaced?

amajamar

The Zena has gone through about 3 revisions since it was first bought out I think 5 years ago. Scott can give us the exact date.

Some of the new parts will interchange some will not. What are you wanting to replace on the Zena?

Tank Strap can be replaced
Single Cylinder Mount Kit Zeagle part #519-SC01

Cheers
Chris

I would find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be interchangable. I bought a 15 year old Ranger and switched out parts on my newer Brigade. Bladder should switch with no problem.
PM Scott if you don't hear from him in a couple days. He gets busy sometimes.

I know the older models had plastic snap buckles on the front panels so those aren't interchangeable with the newer Zena's (at least on mine, which is a little over 3 years old). Frankly, I'd say if Scott doesn't chime in soon, you should simply call ScubaToys and ask them. Then they can either send you the parts you need, or you can send the Zena too them and have them install the parts you want. :D

I just won a front vest and back assembly on eBay and I hope it is compatible with the bladder and plate from the old zena. Does anyone know if there are any part breakdowns accessable to owners?

amajamar

amajamar,

Like most of our BCs the bladders are interchangeable on Zenas, but they are shorter than those of many other models, so you can't switch them without checking first.

The front zip vest sections were changed from male/female buckles to a weave threw style a few years back, so they won't switch out, but Zeagle may likely have some of the old style parts.

When you say back assembly, do you mean the harness or the bladder assembly? Zenas have always used our new style bladder fittings, so there will be no problem replacing any of that stuff.

e-mail's are the best way to reach me if you have more questions. I sometimes miss PMs for a good while.

Chad
FL Zeagle Rep
chadc@zeagle.com

If you needs part sewn in or modified send it to the factory. Call and get an RA # and they will ask a bunch of questions. Turn around is within a week or so depending upon repairs. No sense in sending it to a LDS and them sending it in. Just takes longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom