Zena Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishdelasol

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I originally had a size medium and it was way too big in the shoulder area. It would shift around a lot when I was diving. I now have a small which is great and doesn't slide around.

My question is about how it is supposed to fit on my waist/hips. The one I have now (the small) sits significantly above my hips. The lowest side cinch straps sit about even with the bottom of my ribcage. I don't find that my trim is affected or I fight to stay level. But, I wanted to know if there is a way to drop that part of the BC down a bit?

Are you adjusting your Zena in the proper order? I find it impossible to adjust and tighten my Zena out of the water with a tank attached, so I do it when I get horizontal on my descent.

Once horizontal, you let the shoulder straps out all the way and pull the BC down on your body. The middle strap should be below the rib cage at your natural waist. Once you've done that, you tighten the straps from the bottom up, with the shoulder section being last.

I've found that once I've tightened the corset down, it really doesn't matter if I tighten the shoulder section (though I do snug it down a little) since my BC is perfectly fitted to my body at that point and doesn't move.

If your Zena's middle strap can't sit at your natural waist, I'd say you have a sizing issue and need to swap out a component, likely the shoulder section (I think).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom