zippers & pockets!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'm having a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE time trying to open and close and get stuff in and out of my SeaQuest Diva LX pockets. The zipper is hard to find (when i look down..i cant see em!!) and when i "feel" for them, (which is pretty hard cuz with gloves and all..) I have a hella hard time pulling it open! I talked to another girl with the same BC, and she said she has the same problem, and attatched these big carabiners to the zippers to make them easier to grope for and open the zipper. Does anyone else have a prob? I've done about 40 dives with this BC and I'm thinking of getting a new one already. Anyone else with the same problem as me? Can anyone recommend a BC with very accessible , gropable while blind big fat zippers, and easy to open ? Any comments welccome.. Thanx!

-Jade

Umm may I ask exactley what you are putting in the pockets that you actually need underwater ?

My Wife uses a Lady Diva and loves it to death, she keeps a small UK Divers torch in her right pocket, her DSMB in her left pocket and the reel clipped to her left thigh.

She has practised deploying the DSMB in 0 vis and I can say she does not seem to have any problems with the pockets ?

my backup light, my balloon (which i use alot to signal the chaseboat), a pound or two to tie to my balloon or to my buddy, my small knife, some slates, pencil errr.. thats it! if i do 4 dives a day, i open my pocket at least twice.... i know tons of people are just raving about their diva lxs but ive only met 1 other person with the same prob as me.. ( i havent asked the others til i posted this question).. it might be my mask so i think ill change my mask before my bc! im using a tusa platina m21 .. grrrr! when your wife looks down.. can she actually see her zippers? baah this is driving me nutz

I attached a piece of material aprox. 1"x1" to the zipper with a zip tie. You could try something like the end of a fin strap. Remember to melt the sharp edges of the zip tie with a lighter. I now have no problem opening the pocket even with my dry gloves on. Hope this helps.:)

Here are a couple of things you can try. First of all take a candle and run it along both sides of the zipper (top and bottom) and work the zipper a few times then wax again.

I am not all that familiar with that bc...but....does the zipper have a pull cord? If not...add a brightly colored pull cord. That may help you find it easier..

And, try to find someone who has a cressi horizon mask. The field of vision for the horizon is unbelievable.

Hope it helps....safe diving...rich

-
Ill try my best to describe. Take 2-3 inches of surgical tubing and run a zip tie through it. Then run the zip tie through the eye of the zipper and fasten/trim. It will make a loop for you to grab onto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom