After Manado and Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a loaded question... What kind of diving would you like to do? More muck? Reef? Both? What would you like to see? I think we would need more info unless you want people to just throw out random suggestions.

That is a loaded question... What kind of diving would you like to do? More muck? Reef? Both? What would you like to see? I think we would need more info unless you want people to just throw out random suggestions.
Thanks

I prefer reef dive.

Gorontalo or Weda bay,
I just back from weda 3 weeks ago. In my opinion, it's like combination of Bunaken, Gorontalo and Raja 4 - wall, cave, crevices with massive sponge and gorgonian, great soft corals, lot of fishes from zillion glass fishes to shark without ripping current. Rob - the owner of Weda resort told us the high chance of hammerhead sighting but during our 4 days dives for the big boys I "önly" saw turtle, white tip, black tip, napoleon, tuna and trevallies - my wife saw more since she dived without camera..

Lot of places with spectacular reefs or a combination of reef+muck can be dived from a resort.
Indo : Raja Ampat (RADL), Komodo (Komodo resort), Alor (Alor Divers), Ambon (DIA), Bali (anywhere in Amed, Tulamben, Padang Bai or Lembongan), Bangka (but that's N/Sulawesi again).
Philippines : Panglao/Balicasag, Moalboal, Anilao, Dauin.
M'sia : Mabul/Sipadan.

...or yes of course you could as well try remoter like Weda (Weda resort) as suggested, Banda (Blue motion),Triton bay (Triton bay divers), Saparua (Cape Paperu).

Wakatobi (while pricey) offers good reef diving. Or you could do raja Ampat on land in Misool.

Lot of places with spectacular reefs or a combination of reef+muck can be dived from a resort.
Indo : Raja Ampat (RADL), Komodo (Komodo resort), Alor (Alor Divers), Ambon (DIA), Bali (anywhere in Amed, Tulamben, Padang Bai or Lembongan), Bangka (but that's N/Sulawesi again).
Philippines : Panglao/Balicasag, Moalboal, Anilao, Dauin.
M'sia : Mabul/Sipadan.

...or yes of course you could as well try remoter like Weda (Weda resort) as suggested, Banda (Blue motion),Triton bay (Triton bay divers), Saparua (Cape Paperu).

Thanks

How about Komodo? I did not do LOB when I was there. Just staying at a resort in one of the islands - Komodo Resort and Labuan Bajo. One of our best diving experiences.

Back
Top Bottom