Clean up Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest any help we can get is good to take.

Trash is an issue on any island and here as well (I recommend watching the Midway Journey documentary for a good understanding of the processes at play: Film Trailer | Midway).

We, along with the very few businesses that cared to join the initiative, pay for daily clean-up of the local main beach, but this stuff keeps coming back.

What these two girls are trying to do is great. Education and change of behaviour is key to alleviating the local pollution. As for pollution from afar, it's a different matter that does not rest solely on local shoulders...

When I was in Japan they said the trash came from Korea.

Now I'm in Bali they say it comes from Java.

Let's blame the enemy.

I guess the very least we can do is moderate our own behavior and support those who strive to make a difference (like Melati and Isabel).

When I was in Japan they said the trash came from Korea.

Now I'm in Bali they say it comes from Java.

Let's blame the enemy.

I am currently in Vietnam ( will be soon in Indonesia) same problem and it's very sad because Vietnam sill have a lot of unspoiled beautiful island .

The funny thing is that in Vietnam we blame the Chinese ^^

Everywhere I dive in Indonesia as it seems the plastic debris just there. It's worrying. Now Indonesian government introduces a policy to charge customers extra for shopping plastic bag to reduce waste. Not sure if that will help - it's 200 rupiahs p plastic bag.

Article about the plastic recycling plant on Bali. Sounds like they are getting making good inroads w/local government management services.

"Bali (and Indonesia) has received a lot of negative press in recent years with regards to plastic litter. This issue, we meet with PT Enviro Pallets, a manufacturer of nestled pallets made entirely from recycled plastic waste which would otherwise have ended up in landfills. "

PT Enviro Pallets Indonesia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom