Hold-up at Tawali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My choice would be Walindi Plantation and the FeBrina liveaboard. Got a group header there later this year and can't wait. We love PNG.

Walindi is definitely nice, but the diving is nothing like Milne Bay. Bear that in mind. They are totally different.

I like Milne Bay for a reason. While I've dived a many other places in PNG, and they've all been great, none compare to Milne Bay.

I have dived all over PNG and my favorite area is around Kavieng. Great pelagic diving, beautiful reefs, some nice wrecks and good muck diving. All the bases covered. Lissenung island is very relaxing and they know every dive site in the area.

You know what? How about you all stay away from Tawali and I can have the place to myself?

Sounds good :D

Not a chance Rock Woman :p

Here's a good idea for those of you unsure of what the reality of PNG is..check out Ross Kemp Extreme World Gangs doco on PNG, will give you a full and clear idea of what Raskols are capable of. It's on YouTube

That should scare the rest of them away Wetpup :wink:

Hi all
I am the International Sales and Marketing at Tawali Resort. I don't post on these forums as I believe it is for the divers and not an opportunity for us to promote our product or influence anyone's opinions. On this occasion I would like to comment.

Yes, there was an incident at the Resort last year. Other dive properties and our international tourism representatives were informed. I would not consider this a "regular occurrence"

As I mentioned in my response on TripAdvisor all guests were relocated after the incident and we met with them as soon as possible to discuss the incident and see how they were faring. We do have increased security on site and continue to monitor our security procedures as much as humanly possible.

My family spent time at the Resort over the Christmas/New Year period and my young children stayed on until mid-January. Personally, if I thought there was any concern for anyone's safety I would not have taken my children there.

My biggest concern is the talk that can happen that will deter people from travelling to Papua New Guinea, not just Tawali Resort. If you are thinking of travelling to Milne Bay and have any further concerns, feel free to contact me directly on sales@tawali.com

Have a great day :)

Thanks for that Tawali :)

So Wingy and I are taking over PNG then? Fun times ahead!

Wetpup and Wingy,
Ya'll are gonna have to make room for me. I'm booked at Tawali for 11 nights and lots of diving in August. Can't wait...

My family spent time at the Resort over the Christmas/New Year period and my young children stayed on until mid-January. Personally, if I thought there was any concern for anyone's safety I would not have taken my children there.

Well I guess a dozen armed gunmen taking over the resort cured you of that belief?

A little more attention to detail, mmmbelows.
Garibaldi took the children to the resort AFTER the incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom