Southern Leyte Divers Sogod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Southern Leyte Divers (Sogod Bay) - Review

Hi everyone,

Just a bit of a trip report from our time in Leyte

We did a whale shark tour and we were able to swim with them, very exciting.

This was arranged for us with southern Leyte divers by a sogod bay scuba resort where we were staying as they weren’t running a tour that day, and assumed they had a partnership in place. We were told to be there for 8 and arrived beforehand, we were told we needed to be there at 7 but still were forced to wait till 8:30 before we left.

Upon returning we were asked to pay, but as we were swimming with whale sharks we didn’t bring cash with us. We opted to pay with card, but we would be charged 5% extra, there’s no way they’re getting charged 5% to conduct card transactions. I let it be known that I was very annoyed about it as it’s against the local laws.

Well after telling us we should have been more prepared, ironically their card machine wasn’t working. More frustration from us and the son flipped out and shoved me (very brave considering his size) giving us a torrent of verbal abuse in which he said if we were to leave our resort his ‘boys’ would get me, and being shoved by his even smaller mother.

After the extraordinary tantrum they took us back to our resort who added it our bill. Upon relaying this episode to our resort they said we were supposed to pay them and they would settle with the Southern Leyte Divers. I guess they’re not too bright over there.

There’s also a large dog that roams free and that bites so if you don’t like dogs there’s that.
It is unsurprising that the resort only had 3 guests (2 couples and a solo) staying in peak season.

Needless to say there are much better options very close by cleaner and merrier.

The whale sharks were cool though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom