Good place for divemaster training in Australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calla

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I am planning on moving to Australia this fall for a year and am considering trying to work as a dive master while there. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a dive master certification in Australia? I'm open to any geographic location. I have open water, advanced, and (expired) rescue certifications and about 50 logged dives, mostly in cold water. I'm looking for reliable, thorough training without any bells and whistles attached. I'd appreciate any recommendations or even places to avoid. Thanks in advance!

- Calla

Thanks so much for the tip, this is very helpful!

Keep in mind that divemasters aren't in high demand in Australia (most places will run non guided dives with an additional payment required for a DM). You'll also be required to have a work permit to work.

Important to talk to any shops you're thinking about doing your DMT with if they actually hire people after the program finishes and what the reasonable chances of being employed are (obviously you're own performance and skills [e.g languages] will affect the outcome after the course is finished).

I also don't know if the shops that do DMT courses in Australia also provide you with o2 and other training that is required to work as a DM in most (all?) places in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom