Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uminchu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have searched and i'm not seeing what I need... sorry...

My wife and I headed on a trip to Playa Del Carmen from July 21st through 26th... She is really interested (and I am too) with doing a day with the Whale Sharks... who, what, where? Dive Ops? Not interested in booze/cattle cruises...

I'm getting excited!

Thanks

On my wife's bucket list (and mine) to see the whale sharks. Last few times we have gone to Coz/PDC have been wrong time of year. Going too late in the season again this year. In looking ahead though I came across the website link below - can't vouch for it but bookmarked it for later.

Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun

Also in looking for a dive op, I saw that Dressel Divers right there in Playa del Carmen, does a whale shark tour. Would lead me to believe other ops may do the same thing. Again can't vouch for anyone as I haven't done the excursion yet.

Hope you get some good responses on this.

Last summer I dove off Cozumel with Fantasea and it was good... (anyone done whale shark snorkel through them?)

Did you find a tour operator for the whale sharks and what was your experience?

I saw on 5th Ave that there were a lot of ads for the experience but I didn't try any of them.

I ended up going with Eco Tours! We had a great day!
They picked us up early at our hotel in Playa and drove us to Cancun and we got in the boat! So many sharks

I ended up going with Eco Tours! We had a great day!
They picked us up early at our hotel in Playa and drove us to Cancun and we got in the boat! So many sharks

What time of the year did you go?

What time of the year did you go?
He posted this at the top...
My wife and I headed on a trip to Playa Del Carmen from July 21st through 26th... She is really interested (and I am too) with doing a day with the Whale Sharks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom