Playa del Carmen review - beginner diver, solo traveler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtabas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently had a good experience on a dive trip to Playa del Carmen and wanted to share what I did in case others find it helpful. After reading this forum I decided to contact Tank-Ha Dive Center and ended up doing four days of diving (2 dives per day) with them. They had very good communication over email and helped me plan a custom itinerary based on my experience level and preferences. When I got there, the equipment was in good condition and the divemasters (I went with Valentina and Joaqin) were friendly and professional. From a logistical perspective the most impressive part was on the morning of my cenote dive. My guide called out sick but without missing a beat they booked me a spot with a different dive shop (Good Vibes Diving), drove me over to the other shop after outfitting me, and picked me up at the end of the day. The centote guide from Good Vibes was also very friendly/professional, gave a thorough briefing, etc. This was my last day in PDC so there wouldn't have been another opportunity to do the cenote dive. Tank-Ha's "Cozumel direct" boat service was great but also the PDC reefs were not covered in seaweed as I had been led to expect, and were quite enjoyable. They took me through the PADI deep adventure training so that I could go beyond 60 ft for the Cozumel and bull shark observation dives. I stayed two blocks away at the Maui Hostel - nice amenities, clean, good price, friendly staff and guests, nice rooftop patio/bar that unfortunately had loud music playing until 1am every night.

glad you enjoyed your trip. tankha was a good choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom