Will be staying in playa del carmen. Best dive op? Suggestions on diving in coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm planning on staying in Playa De Carmen at a resort some time soon. I dont like complicated organization and I dont necessarily want to have to be gone all day . I want to do ocean reef diving. Maybe a nice wreck if there are any close by? Maybe dive a Cenotes if time permits. Do any of you have good dive ops to recommend that can get take care of you directly from a resort at a fare price.

Also can anyone talk to me about what it would inquire if I'd like to go and dive in coz from my hotel in Playa?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tank Ha is a good dive shop in PDC. Offers ocean dives, cenotes and takes their boat to Cozumel rather than using the ferry. Have always had positive experiences with them on all 3 types of dives.

When they use their boats to go to coz do they go directly to the dive sites? How long are the boat rides?

Yes, Tank Ha goes directly to the dive sites. I don't remember how long the boat rides are except that it seems easier than taking the ferry and then getting on another boat to the dive site. Seems like we got back to Playa mid-afternoon.

Yes, Tank Ha goes directly to the dive sites. I don't remember how long the boat rides are except that it seems easier than taking the ferry and then getting on another boat to the dive site. Seems like we got back to Playa mid-afternoon.
Makes sense, I sent them an email today. Their prices seem fair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom