now after diving both raja ampat, bunaken, and wakatobi i have to say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a scenery of soft coral in Misool. Do you notice what creature is in the middle of the picture?

image.jpeg

I guess I've been spoiled rotten by the underwater scenery of Misool. I must have missed those dive sites. I stayed in Pantar.

I remember seeing no manta, no sharks and only very few pelagic.
That means you probably didin't dive current alley, where you would have seen for the least 3 types of reef sharks on a regular dive.
... and sometimes a hammerhead or two... or 50.
An btw, Misool isn't famous for its sharks, is it?

I tried to, but couldn't get down due to up-current was so strong at the time.

I saw whitektip shark, schooling of jackfish & a couple of oceanic mantas in the cleaning station in Magic Mountain, Misool.

Last edited:
The video below was pretty closed to what I saw in one of the visit there. I've been in Misool 3 times. All of them have been fantastic. Plan to do it again after Banda in November 2017.

Hey @Dan_T the good news for you is most boats that do Alor leave from Maumere not Kupang and there are direct flights to there from Denpasar. I don't think the airport is as complicated to land at as the Komodo so not as many planes get turned back.

Hey @Dan_T the good news for you is most boats that do Alor leave from Maumere not Kupang and there are direct flights to there from Denpasar. I don't think the airport is as complicated to land at as the Komodo so not as many planes get turned back.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! I've been thinking of going to Maumere for sometime. May be I can combine a few days of resort in Maumere before embarking the liveaboard. What do you know about this resort? Official Website |Sea World Club Resort, Waiara, Maumere, Indonesia

Also I like to do some hiking to Kelimutu 3 color (red, blue, green) crater lakes: Kelimutu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The video below was pretty closed to what I saw in one of the visit there. I've been in Misool 3 times. All of them have been fantastic. Plan to do it again after Banda in November 2017.

Dan, would you go to Misool again versus say, Nabucco, Komodo, or Alor? We are not big on photography or nasty currents.

Silly question, I know.

- Bill

Dan, would you go to Misool again versus say, Nabucco, Komodo, or Alor? We are not big on photography or nasty currents.

Silly question, I know.

- Bill

Sorry for late reply. I just returned from Galápagos.

If you don't like nasty currents, then Misool is the best option amongst those 4 diving destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom