Scubapro Air 2 - Freeflow after pressing purge at surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My air 2 gen 5 blasts air if I test its purge at the surface. Its pretty new. I bought it a couple of months ago, and it has less than 10 dives on it. I know I've heard this is common with the Air 2. Want to know if there is a way to fix it. I've tried shoving it in my mouth, but the free flow is too strong.I have not tried to use it underwater as the last thing I want is a free flow when I'm submerged. It works fine as a reg though as I have tested that aspect underwater.

Yes, def have pre-dive on when it does this.

It can be adjusted, better someone else explain how but an Allen wrench will do the trick.:). I am sure the dealer would fix it no problem.

It's very easy to adjust...have your dealer tune it properly with your reg set. I could fix that in under a minute...

Blocking the hole with your hand or finger should be enough to stop it in the interim.

How can I get the top off? It seems like its on extremely tight.

If you have to ask this... don't do it.

You don't have to open it. Find a tech who knows how, and they can adjust it with a 3/16 allen wrench through the QD port. Takes a couple of seconds.

Since it is not leaking, I suspect this may need a lock nut adjustment rather than an orifice adjustment. Best to let a good tech to through the proper adjustment procedure.

I have the Air2 on my SP BC but no Dive/Pre Dive switch. I did have a free flow when I purged mine on the surface also,fortunately it was during a rincing after a dive.I took the BC into the dealer and he adjusted the Air2 in about 5 minutes time and it is now good.

You don't have to open it. Find a tech who knows how, and they can adjust it with a 3/16 allen wrench through the QD port. Takes a couple of seconds.

About 3/8th of a turn fixed the free flowing on purge with very little increase in cracking pressure on my new Air2. I did a half turn at first, but it was a little too much cracking pressure. Thank you @gr8jab

Back
Top Bottom