SDI OW class - dive tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It came with a laminated quick start guide card, but the print is tiny, so I found the manual online.

That's a start. The sooner you become familiar with it the better. It makes life much easier once you know it backwards and forwards.

I was definitely planning on asking for help to understand the tables.

Just look at youtube, there's plenty of "PADI tables" videos and the ones I looked at were fine. It's not like basic table use is difficult.

Anyone knows if GUE fundies teach you to run multilevel nitrox plans in your head? -- I'm pretty sure everyone else wouldn't be covering tables past the gootube level anyway.

I did my OW and some other stuff with SDI. We did go over tables but my instructor added a lot of extra stuff. I dive my 2 computers but carry two tables in my dive kit. The one I like best is the SDI Nitrox Tables which have dive tables on the reverse side. I use that some. It allows for a essentially any mix from 21 to 40. Nice for folks like me who often do not dive 32.

I'm an avid shooter. And I thought guns were an expensive hobby. Wow. It's looking pretty probably I'm going to have to go custom for a dry suit and that cost just boggled my brain. But I'm of the "buy once, cry once" mentality.

Not certified yet and getting a custom dry suit? You must be very wealthy. I can't imagine spending that kind of money without knowing if I will develop the skills (OW card is just a learners permit) and continue the activity longterm. I've bought so much new (relatively unused) equipment from people who rushed into scuba equipment purchases and then quit diving. Almost all of it sold way below cost. Moreover, a custom drysuit has very little chance of finding a new owner should you decide not to continue diving.

Not certified yet and getting a custom dry suit? You must be very wealthy. I can't imagine spending that kind of money without knowing if I will develop the skills (OW card is just a learners permit) and continue the activity longterm. I've bought so much new (relatively unused) equipment from people who rushed into scuba equipment purchases and then quit diving. Almost all of it sold way below cost. Moreover, a custom drysuit has very little chance of finding a new owner should you decide not to continue diving.

We all have different notions of how much we enjoy our hobbies. Some people try a hobby once and know instantly that it is the hobby for them. Diving was one of those for me as was photography.

Hence the fact that I now have about £2,000 invested in dive gear and about the same in photography. Thankfully I am not inclined to proceed down the underwater photography route at the moment (the amount of money that requires scares me).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom