Scubapro s600 Before and After 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jondjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking around at classified ads because I'm interested in buying another scubapro s600. Over and over again the same question keeps coming up: "is it prior to 2013?"
Which leads me to my question. What is the difference between a scubapro s600 from before 2013 and one from after??

I'm not sure when the air barrel was switched from plastic to metal, Iit may have been 2013 but I thought it was a little earlier. Save the air barrel, the only other difference I'm aware of is cosmetic, the face plate got a metal ring added to it. Hopefully one of the gurus will chime in and either confirm or give the absolute correct answer.

Last edited:
the "Original" Regulator Timeline (Prior to SP taking it over) had all the useful information describing the changes... regrettably, they removed all that info....

So the plastic air barrel was the original design and they switched to metal or vice versa?

they went from a metal barrel to a steel one , I thought it was before 13 but I could be have been 13

For me the big change is the balance knob, about 2003/4 they change from a system that needed a 'balance adjustment tool' to the current system that just needs a small screwdriver. In the repair guide the old version is Rev-B, while the new version is Rev-A.

I have some old versions with the original balance knob, they had plastic barrels.

In about 2009 they changed the front cover.

In 2011 they changed from plastic to chromed Brass barrel.

The 'black Tech' and 'Gold Anniversary' models were produced in 2013.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom