Atom 2 computer and transmitter o-ring oring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mth1993

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I must be missing something obvious because, I have spent hours searching this site and others looking for the o-ring size for the my Atom 2 computer and transmitter.

I believe the I have found the battery for the watch is CR2430 and the transmitter is CR2

Any assistance on the right size o-ring would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I really need to replace the o-rings soon and would prefer to buy the $0.50 oring only vs the $20 kit since I already have the batteries. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the same question and haven't had any luck finding an answer that I can run with. I read that the computer o-ring size is 1.2mm X 27mm, but haven't been able to confirm that or turn it into a part that I can actually purchase.

If anyone has a standard part number or ordering info for the computer and/or the tranmitter o-rings I would greatly appreciate it! A single battery for the transmitter with an o-ring is over $10.00 and I can buy the batteries for $2.00 - feels a bit like being gouged... It's not the end of the world, but my wife and I both have atom computers and it does add up.

thanks for any help,
jim

These is a thread on o-ring sizes for computers: Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

There is a summary PDF here Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

For me I don't see the need to replace the o-ring each time I change the battery, there are differing views on this. I also don't replace the o-ring on my torch when I change the battery, each dive/trip, or Nauticam camera housing each time I open. I do check the o-ring for any damage, grit, hair fluff. I do use a very small amount of the right lube for the o-ring.

You can determine the size of the o-ring. If measure the diameter of the inside and outside surfaces it will seal to, this will give a good guide to the inside diameter, outside diameter and hance thickness of the o-ring. This can then be compared to a standard o-ring size chart. Alternativly you can measure the o-ring, ensure its is 'round' to do this you can put it on a small cone. All measuring is easier with verier callipers Google

If you post the measurements I am sure some one can give advice on the size. This will help others in the future :)

On the o-ring chart linked above, Oceanic use 2-023 orings on a few computers. This is a standard imperial size of 1 1/16 inch ID and 1/16 inch thickness. In mm it is 26.7mm ID 1.78mm Thickness . This is pretty much the same as you mention.

The manual shows the battery size and change for both computer and transmitter. The o-ring fits in a groove in both caps, the o-ring ID need to be close to the diameter of the that groove, a faction smaller.

Thanks for the help. Some progress - am reasonable confident that the Atom/VT3 transmitter uses a 016 o-ring and these are available from global o-rings at 0.15 for viton. I'm sure buna would be fine, but I opted for viton because I read that it has a longer shelf life.

No luck so far with o-rings for the Atom computer. The thread and chart referenced above state 1.2mm x 27mm for the Atom with the caveat "need to confirm". global o-rings has 1.2mm x 26mm and 1.2mm x 28mm, but I didn't see 1.2mm x 27mm. Also, not positive I want to risk flooding my computer in order to confirm this size...

If someone has actually tested this size and knows where to get one, I'd be eternally grateful.

cheers,
jim

Thanks! Any idea where I can purchase some? I looked at global o-rings, but didn't see anything between 26mm and 28mm.

Thanks! Any idea where I can purchase some? I looked at global o-rings, but didn't see anything between 26mm and 28mm.

You can get it from a dive computer Oring provider that sells on ebay. Look him up under the name "Battastic". I usually get the odd size O rings from him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom