Atom 2 computer and transmitter o-ring oring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a relatively cheap source for these, but minimum order of 100 and a big price break at 250:
1.2X27.5 BUNA-N ORING
Tolerance: ±0.07 X ±0.32
70A BLK
QTY $/EA
100 $1.21
250 $0.52
500 $0.28
1,000 $0.19

1.2X27.5 FKM ORING
Tolerance: ±0.07 X ±0.32
QTY $/EA
75A BLK
100 $1.21
250 $0.65
500 $0.51
1,000 $0.41

I would be inclined to go with viton because of the longer shelf life, but I'm hardly an expert on o-rings. Can also be ordered in 90 instead of 70/75.

If you're interested in going in on an order, please email me at: oceanic.atom.geo.orings@gmail.com

best,
jim

Last edited:
Battery Kit For Oceanic Atom & Geo Dive Computer, NEW!! | eBay
Only about $12.50 including the battery delivered . Buy 5 and you are well ahead of the O-rings, each extra is only $11 as postage is .99. You don't need to change the o-ring every time you change the battery. (I know some may do that...)

If you do get O-rings go for the 70 hardness. 90 is for high pressure. The 70 will 'mould' in better to any imperfections.

accidentally double posted and don't see how to delete - sorry :(.

Last edited:
Thanks - I've seen them for that price on e-bay, but it feels a bit like a $2.00 battery and a $9.00 o-ring. If 2-3 people were interested in sharing the order, it would be very cost effective. Appreciate the advice on the o-ring hardness and change frequency - not very scientific, but I change my o-ring with every other battery and so far, so good.

best,
jim

Concur with Tbar. 70 is the recommended hardness for dive computer O-rings.

On a different note, but also pertaining to this thread: We always change the O-ring when we service a dive computer. It´s also what all manufacturers recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom