Aga com gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keeth1123

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I have a divator aga mask with com gear as issued to me through my agency. A friend of mine is thinking of purchasing a full face mask for com reasons. Can someone explain to me if they (com systems) are all compatiable, or what we would have to do to be able to ensure we can communicate on personal dives.

Thanks

Not all comm gear is compatible. You can't use OTS/ Interspiro gear on Deep Sea or any other ffm. You could possibly get away with it on the Divator which is a very similar design of an OTS mask. Let's say you have an AGA and your friend buys an Guardian, both of you should be able to communicate. Check your connections and design on your mask and if they match up they should work. The elcetronics are not all that complicated, but someone with more knowledge than me could chime in. Our Divators have not been used in years after we got the OTS/ Interspiro AGAs but if my memory serves me right, we used the same old comm lines.

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner. OTS makes comm mics for AGA masks. I have used both the AGA and Guardian with the same OTS comm hardware. The mount for the mic is different for the other brands, but the mic itself and all the rest of the setup for the masks is exactly the same.

The microphone is the only thing that has to be customized for each mask. OTS makes them for the Guardian/Stealth, Mantis, AGA/Interspiro, and Scuba Pro FFM's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom