Lending Gear yay or nay

Are you ok to lend your gears to others?

• Yes

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lend gear only to people I am diving with if required, generally limited to

Spare computer (I generally carry two Shearwaters and a Suunto, the latter attached to my camera housing in gauge mode)
Regulator, if they're comfortable with a long hose and no octopus.
Tanks

My rule is if you break then you replace it

My daughter borrows tanks and regs from me occasionally when she's teaching. She got upset when I sold my last full short hose reg set last year as the remaining regs are either for my twinsets or stage regs. Time for her to buy some more for herself, she's working now I'm not 🤣

And hey... the next time I have a flat or need an o ring I hope it pays off!!
My "save a dive kit" has primarily been used to rescue dives for other divers. There is some gear in there intended as either loaners or backups. For about 1-year I carried every component of a regulator in there (1st,2nd,spg,hoses), and only removed it in the process of streamlining the kit.

The more I think about it, the more I think "it depends." I'd give an o-ring or loan fins to anybody. Reg sets, BCD's and computers I'd be more selective with.

I treat my gear like my underwear. It is my size, comfortable, the brand that I like… I will wear it until it is all worn out. I am not eager to lend my underwear, but if someone has an emergency….. then sure, but better not make it a habit!

I treat my gear like my underwear. It is my size, comfortable, the brand that I like… I will wear it until it is all worn out. I am not eager to lend my underwear, but if someone has an emergency….. then sure, but better not make it a habit!

For the record, I want it known that I will "go commando" before I borrow your underwear no matter the emergency.

I wouldn't want someone else having an emergency in my underwear!

I wouldn't want someone else having an emergency in my underwear!
Thank you for making my point! I don’t want my regulator puked through, or octo dragged in a sand or plugs overtightened or wetsuit “used” :)
I wouldn't want someone else having an emergency in my underwe

I hate it when other people crap in my pants

That's literally the title of your OF page🤣🤣.. what this guy will do for a buck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom