Where to next, love suggestions! Raja Ampat, PNG...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on the operator you go with, some are either muck or blue water oriented, I would say 70%-30% Blue/Muck with the operator I go with (Alor Eco Divers).
The odds of diving ito the current also depend on whether you like it or not.: the operator will assess your diving and your likings to match with the selection of dive sites. Not more than 20% dive sites with significant current

Sounds good! Wait, so the diving is either blue water diving or muck? Their website talks of extensive coral reefs. Sounds like the resort is very comfortable - 24 hour electric, good (varied) food, ... internet in the rooms?

- Bill

Depends on the operator you go with, some are either muck or blue water oriented, I would say 70%-30% Blue/Muck with the operator I go with (Alor Eco Divers).
The odds of diving ito the current also depend on whether you like it or not.: the operator will assess your diving and your likings to match with the selection of dive sites. Not more than 20% dive sites with signficant current

Luke is on the mark. Alor Eco Divers does a nice job matching divers to the dive sites currents. For our diving, we are mostly 80% blue water/currents at Alor. We will always dive with resort friends on the house reef, but groups would organically separate for the boat dives mostly due differences in interest in current, muck, depth, etc.

From my experience, the resort offers limited wifi in the cabins and slow internet in the restaurant/lounge. I mostly use mobile package from IndoTel. Although the cabins are not air-conditioned, we were always comfortable with a sea breeze and fan. We woke up to the waves lapping on the beach. Alor Eco Restort is one of my favorite dive locations and we return once a year, every year.

Last edited:
Sounds good! Wait, so the diving is either blue water diving or muck? Their website talks of extensive coral reefs. Sounds like the resort is very comfortable - 24 hour electric, good (varied) food, ... internet in the rooms?

- Bill

The way the resort is built makes it comfortable though it doesn't have aircon but doesn't need any either because the rooms are breathy enough, there is little internet in the common dining room but everybody gathers there sitting on a sofa and chatting with everyone else, so who needs internet connexion anyway. Electricity is usually 4PM-9AM + lunch time break in the rooms (when the divers are not diving), 24h in the common room.
Add on top that the beach is great. Even though my wife doesn't dive, she enjoys staying here (and that has been for three years in a row, 9 days stays!).

As for the diving before going to Alor, I thought that all images from Alor were photoshopped with intense blue color, in fact it's the real cold deep blue from Alor. Visibility is usually anything between 20-30m and the corals are probably some of the best in Indonesia wth R4 and Komodo.
ven though some sites can be pretty dangerous currentwise in some cases like Bama or Cathedral, the dive team has such experience of the dive conditions that they will lead you to the these sites while current is just a breeze.
Anyway, as said above depending on your likings, you may arrange getting on either boat, usually there are 2 typical muck dive trips per week to Kalabahi bay and somedays a muckier than average afternoon dive, but for instance if you liked Bangka underwater, you should love Alor (dont' be afraid to click on my Alor gallery in my signature, you will have a hint of Alor. (Not too bad pictures since I won a competition with them).

Last edited:
Well there is one dive center at Sanctum Una Una volcano togian island, there was one wobbegong, and sometimes whaleshark too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom