Line cutter location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. The cutter comes with a nice sheath that should thread easily onto the harness, and the cutter is secured in the sheath with velcro. It also came with a set of replacement blades.

So since I have one cutting tool on my waist strap just to the left of the buckle, I'll try putting the cutter somewhere below the left shoulder D-ring. I guess I'll just have to test whether I prefer the sheath opening upwards or downwards. Without having tried, I'm kinda partial to try downwards first.

So since I have one cutting tool on my waist strap just to the left of the buckle, I'll try putting the cutter somewhere below the left shoulder D-ring. I guess I'll just have to test whether I prefer the sheath opening upwards or downwards. Without having tried, I'm kinda partial to try downwards first.

I had a couple of attempts to get the mounting in just the right location for me. It wasn't taking the cutter out, it was about putting it back in its sheath. I temporarily affixed them with cable ties (rather than unthreading my harness) until I got it in the best place I could.

I keep my line cutter on my waist next to my little stubby steak knife. I've had to use both and no issues reaching with either hand. I also have a teeny knife on the handle for my primary light, never had to use it yet.

I have one line cutter on my computer strap and either another, or more recently shears, on my waist belt. I tried the shoulder webbing but it was too awkward to re stow so I gave up.

I carry a trilobite on either computer strap.

One on my Petrel straps and then one on my right shoulder harness about upper breast level and pull down to unsheathe.

You mean just below the D-ring?

I have two d-rings on my shoulder, a lower one in the "standard" position and then one up near my collar bone. The cutter is between those two. Easy to access and has been used in this position to cut monofilament line that had a hook on it, it snagged my skin on my drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom