Advice on attaching various equipment to BP/wing setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In some cases, the best option is NOT to attach things to you BPW. Instead, glue pockets on your wetsuit or wear pocket shorts. I've had my DSMB get stuck on boat seats when attached to my hip or crotch d-rings. The only things I don't have in my pockets are my flashlight and cutting tools.

In some cases, the best option is NOT to attach things to you BPW. Instead, glue pockets on your wetsuit or wear pocket shorts. I've had my DSMB get stuck on boat seats when attached to my hip or crotch d-rings. The only things I don't have in my pockets are my flashlight and cutting tools.

+1! Glue on wetsuit pockets are a game changer.

Lance

- Glue on big wetsuit pockets or get tech shorts with big pockets. Pockets should be huge and velcro flap style.
- The "how to tie a boltsnap" video tutorial is good
- DSMB+Spool go in left pocket, spare mask and wetnotes go in right pocket (if you want to follow GUE's well-thought-out standad for that). You can also clip the DSMB+Spool to a butt or waist D-ring. Works fine but beware that sometimes the spool gets smashed under the tank if it's clipped behind your butt and the SMB is more likely to accidentally unravel if it's not in a pocket.
- Small backup light goes as in this picture, using a small bungee loop or ring of mountain bike inner tube to keep it neatly up against the harness https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xsbDylHO...AAzw/NZzLu1dRvz0/s1600/gear-backup-stowed.jpg
It's nice to have a few inner tube elastic loops on each strap to keep things neat like that.
- Knife goes on belt. Depending on the sheath (you may need to make one custom) the knife can be a great longhose retainer if you run a longhose. A secondary cutter like a trilobite on the computer strap is nice.
- Longhose primary with short octo on a necklace isn't god's one and only true path to enlightened diving, but it is a very practical and streamlined setup and my preferred way to dive. No loops of hose sticking out. However if you go that route you need to practice practice practice deploying and stowing the longhose when donating or switching regs and making sure you don't pin it under other hoses and stuff.

I have the flashlight on my left shoulder D-ring, and a folding knife on my right.
A line cutter on my right shoulder strap, and one on my left waistband.
The right waistband has a hose retainer and/or a canister for routing the long hose.

Pockets are really useful if you can get them. My spool/dSMB is in my left pocket with the wetnotes. The right has a spare mask, a roll-up snorkel, and a garbage collection bag. I also carry a couple of spare double-ended bolt snaps.
You can put your spool/dSMB on your butt D-ring, but make sure you don't sit on it, and it doesn't get crushed by your cylinder.

You've got an awesome setup there. Have fun diving with it :).

Perhaps you could look a bit further into these things

304 046a.jpg

305 023a.jpg

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom