Best fins for floaty feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheShark1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. Im an instructor in training. And Im having trouble doing some of the instructor exercises im a suprer controlled manner.. bc my feet just want to fly up to the surface.

im currently using sp twin jet max open-heel fins. 5mm neoprene boots (the thinnest available in our store). and i need to dive w equipment we sell in order to instruct here.. so my options are somewhat limited.

sp twin jet max, twin jets (older rubber version), seawing nova.. mares x-stream, avanti quattro+.. aqualung sling shot and express adj.

those are the options that i have to choose from

would Love!! to hear any suggestions / input. Thanks a ton in advance!

What about regular old jet fins? If not the older rubber twin jets might work.

I know Avanti Quattro will be too light.

BTW, try weighing them. Pretty easy to see which is heaviest.

Hello all. Im an instructor in training. And Im having trouble doing some of the instructor exercises im a suprer controlled manner.. bc my feet just want to fly up to the surface.

im currently using sp twin jet max open-heel fins. 5mm neoprene boots (the thinnest available in our store). and i need to dive w equipment we sell in order to instruct here.. so my options are somewhat limited.

sp twin jet max, twin jets (older rubber version), seawing nova.. mares x-stream, avanti quattro+.. aqualung sling shot and express adj.

those are the options that i have to choose from

would Love!! to hear any suggestions / input. Thanks a ton in advance!

With a little bit of research it's pretty easy to find the weight of these fins which will give you an idea as to negative buoyancy. Rubber fins are heavier than non rubber.

The slingshots are the heaviest of those you've listed followed by the ADJ. Novas the lightest followed by the X-Streams followed by the Quatrros, none of them are very negative most are neutral or very slightly positive.

Last edited:
don't worry about fins, adjust your trim. Fins are rarely even 1/2# +/- per pair.

try moving your tank down in the BCD. then adjust your BCD lower on your hips, even try a old school weight belt to see if you can find the proper trim. maybe even try a Steel tank or a AL100 to see what happens. Worst case, try one of those crazy tank boot weights

Scuba pro jet fins are what you seek. I have a paid that I think are great but generally speaking are too negative for me. Based on your options it is a scuba pro shop so it shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom