Best fins for floaty feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you wear large or medium IMO the blade is too short, I went nowhere fast. I also found them to be the most uncomfortable fins I've ever owned. I think there are better heavy fins available but if you can only get SP then they will give you additional weight down low. Many love them, but I don't.

As was posted above, moving your tank lower down will assist trim issues. The only time I've needed/need heavy fins is drysuit diving.

Last edited:
I totally agree with those guys.

Scubapro Jet Fins are definitely gonna help you, mines are damn heavy.

I believe that adjusting your trim is gonna help you much more. Lower the tank, the BC and the weighbelt and if needed get some ankle weights.

Go for run or do legs exercises... if you develop strong legs they are going to sink like a rock :-D

Enjoy your training,

Gery @scubalegends

http://www.scubalegends.wordpress.com

http://www.facebook.com/scubalegends

If I still owned those I would weight them myself, but from what I have found the spring straps are more negative than the SP jets. From what I have searched, the total is ~1lb negative per pair with spring straps. Rubber only have a density of 1.1, seawater is 1.03. Rubber fins would have to weight 14# above water to get 1# of negative buoyancy Lets get real and acknowledge that fin buoyancy is not the issue. Now fin design is a different story, inflexible fins will appear to cause more foot lift than more flexible ones.

The issues as I have observed are
1) Poor Trim and 2) Too much kicking.
Fix your trim and your feet/kicking can slow down further reinforcing proper positioning.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom