1,000 ways to die

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the R stood for drinking and dRiving.. Ie on land.. and Im not being rude.. just telling like it is..

the chambers are pressurized not vacuum, either way the doors could open if enough force is added to make it unsecure, i doubt that if it happened the body exploded but wouldnt be suprised if the lungs did from over expansion, that is infact if this actually happened. Facts always get distorted so i wouldnt be suprised if it was 3 100 foot dives then a malfunction which would put her into a higher pressure gradient and more than likely force her into a deco dive but from irresponsibility and not planning energency instances cause her to surface too fast with out deco stops

you dont have to treat dcs at a 165 fsw all the time if the symptoms disappear there.. why go that deep... besides its the 100% of oxygen that gets the nitrogen out..the pressure gets out the bubbles.. so the pressure gradient and the o2 is what makes it work.. then there are times one would need to go to 165 feet..those people are on deaths door anyway.. trust me I have seen it.. My chambers max depth is 250 feet.. I have been at 165fsw in mine.. testing my fire suppression system.. Monoplace is 3 ata thats it..again 66fsw I have only been working with chambers for the last 25 years

Cornbread are square, pie are round.

a proper cornbread is round because it's made in a cast iron skillet :shakehead:

my grandma would smack you with her cast iron skillet for that

a proper cornbread is round because it's made in a cast iron skillet :shakehead:

my grandma would smack you with her cast iron skillet for that

that would hurt, i would rather your grandmother baked hey cornbread using a cake pan or something in which improper cornbread is made, for the sake of our heads when she would decide to smack us with it:D

no you explode in outer space with out any pressure..all you would do is fizzzzzzzzzzzzz

no you explode in outer space with out any pressure..all you would do is fizzzzzzzzzzzzz

i was refering to the fact the chambers have pressure and not vacuum, and that when released instantly in a chamber your body would still have pressure but a lung over expansion injury, or other critical body part could over expand from drastic pressure change, could occur since the atmosphere in the chamber wouldnt spontaniously change to vacuum by forcing door open

With the new season starting on SPIKE, I remembered this from last year and found the episode is on Youtube.

YouTube - 1000 Ways to Die - Tanked Girl #710

That link no longer works but I just saw it on a TV re-run. I call BS. IF that happened just like they said (which I think has already been proven BS in this thread) and some frothy blood came out of her mouth and nose is that what they call an explosion? If so, how much are the rest of the show is extremely exaggerated over the actual occurrence for the sake of making the show interesting? :shakehead:

Sorry, I don't have much faith in that the show any longer.

No way you can open a chamber door with it pressurized. Figure the area for a circle in inches
PIE R SQUARED ( I don't have the symbols on my comp) 3.1416x 12"=37.6992

(represents the area of chamber door at DIA. 2', Which always has to open inward)
and multply times the PSI in the chamber You say 300 feet. (KISS) say 1/2 PSI per foot
that is 150 psi THAT is POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH 37.6992x150=5654LBS.That is one bad ass janitor.
See you topside! John
I can't even open the lid to my pressure cooker when pressurized to 10psi. No way a chamber door is coming open under pressure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom