1,000 ways to die

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You must be an engineer.:D

Reminds me of the time I came home to find my engineer housemate staring at a chicken. He says to me, "how long to cook this chicken?" I said, "look it up, it's a per pound thing." I went into my room and came back you a few minutes later. There he was, deep in thought, still staring at the chicken. He mumbled, "Assuming a spherical chicken ..." and proceeded to do the heat flow calculations to get the middle of a water balloon the volume of a chicken to 160 degrees F in a 350 degree oven. Needless to say the chicken would have been badly overdone.

Anyway, I think your numbers are a little high since the only gas that would come out of solution is that gas that exceeds the supersaturation ratio(s).
That so sounds like my engineer husband! But yet, I still have to convince him that my pressure canned food isn't going to cause botulism, despite explaining temperature, pressure and bottulism to him.
PV=NRT

As described I too think it's BS but you're missing another option. I realize that she'll would have a larger volume in her lungs post expansion but this referrs to an explosion. The lungs aren't the only place you can "end" up with air. Depending on pain levels and proclivity she may have been swallowing air during the first part of her chamber ride. How much would she need to swallow to have a catastrophic failure of her digestive tract?

The entire piece is BS so the what if this and what if that is also nonsensical and unanswerable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom