1 month in Philippines in march

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Hcklo
Since you are based in Asia, I am going to suggest you should try to go to Sipalay instead of Anilao and PG. The place is just few hrs down the road from Dumaguete and diving is quite good as well. The beach is certainly quiet as very few divers made it there.

I am not sure if diving is available because of Covid.

But this one is certainly is:

There is another wreck in the same area.

Exit from Bacolod to Manila.
Hey Centrals, If once we cross for sure I invite you a coffee ☕. Thanks for the tons of info !

About Typhon's around PG and anilao area: more risky early March or end march ?

We are not based in Asia - we live in europe :) but I take the suggestion of Sipalay. In my mind it is maybe more interesting to switch Siquijor by Sipalay.

What I've found at the end is that the easiest to cross Leyte to Dumaguete is by air: not very expensive and quick.

Tacloban-cebu-dumaguete 8am-15pm 50€. And we can make a whale shark tour the day prior the plane so no dive involved.

2nd step would be Dauin-siquijo-dumagete exit to manila or dauin-sipalay- Bacolod exit to manila.

If you have been in both how would you compare them or rate them ? Specifically things to do out of water.

So if I understand well the earliest we arrive in Batangas the better chance to get the ferry to PG.

We found in PG quite economy options, maybe not the nicest non crowded place but diving seems very cheap.

I'm a Manila-based DM and have been guiding divers down in Anilao since 2016. If you end up wanting to go there, feel free to look me up and I can help you out. I know PG pretty well too. I can also give you some guidance on where to stay and eat in Manila, should you be spending any amount of time here.

Other than that, you've already gotten very good info from others ITT.

Safe travels and happy new year.
Thanks for the proposition ! I will send you an mp.

Happy new year and may your safety stop or deco be always calm and safe! Thanks for helping us to draw our Holidays !!

About Typhon's around PG and anilao area: more risky early March or end march ?

We are not based in Asia - we live in europe :) but I take the suggestion of Sipalay. In my mind it is maybe more interesting to switch Siquijor by Sipalay.

What I've found at the end is that the easiest to cross Leyte to Dumaguete is by air: not very expensive and quick.

Tacloban-cebu-dumaguete 8am-15pm 50€. And we can make a whale shark tour the day prior the plane so no dive involved.

2nd step would be Dauin-siquijo-dumagete exit to manila or dauin-sipalay- Bacolod exit to manila.

If you have been in both how would you compare them or rate them ? Specifically things to do out of water.

So if I understand well the earliest we arrive in Batangas the better chance to get the ferry to PG.

We found in PG quite economy options, maybe not the nicest non crowded place but diving seems very cheap.

Happy new year and may your safety stop or deco be always calm and safe! Thanks for helping us to draw our Holidays !!
Typhoon is very rare in Mar but tropical storm is a possibility.
If the flight from Tacloban to Cebu departs at 08:00, you need to leave Sogod Bay very early in the morning or spend a night in Tacloban. The city has been rebuilt since Yolanda 10 yrs ago.
I have been to both Sipalay and Siquijor and prefer the former because of SS Panay. There were still gas masks and hoses on the deck of my last visit in Mar 2015. Weather was perfect.
We all have our favourites. "Things" to do out of water is never a consideration on my scuba trip.
Indeed, early bird gets the worm, early arrival at Batangas, before noon, is highly recommended.
Dive You Go in Sabang Beach in PG is offering less than P1,000.00 per boat dive. Sabang "beach" is the best place for economy lodging. But the beach has been replaced by concrete promenade where motor vehicles have access to it!!!!
A simple double room is P1,000.00 per night. There is no view from the room except to the inner court and can be noisy if other lodgers have other ideas!!!

Enjoy your diving/travelling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom