1 spot left, Aristakat, The Boneyard @ Venice, Thursday 8/7/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, GCD has been known to have a panic attack on the surface...

:shakehead: that and allowing a buddy to call a dive w/o question, should never be ridiculed.:no

sounds like the jelly fish have moved out just for you guys as per fossilbabes report... have fun tomorrow! I have my tanks filled just in case ;-) Does anyone have a fever or a cough? Something has been going around you know...

sounds like the jelly fish have moved out just for you guys as per fossilbabes report... have fun tomorrow! I have my tanks filled just in case ;-) Does anyone have a fever or a cough? Something has been going around you know...

I can so relate to how you are feeling.... If someone suddenly contracts something, I will let you know right away :)

Chugger - c u at my place at 6:15 a.m.

Looking forward to the morning. Good night all.

What a great day to be on the water, too bad the vis sucked under the water but, I did get a lot of little teeth and one 3" Meg, its a little beat up but, the biggest I've found to date.
It was nice to met some more local divers, and dani too, too bad your leaveing so soon.

The high light of the day was Danis buddy "Begger the Dolphin" :wink:
begger2.jpg

Thanks to Missd for the photos.

Last edited:
I had a greeeeeeeat day! Didn't get many teeth but still had an absolutely wonderful time. What other captain decides to kidnap you to go play with dolphins after the diving is done? Captain Jamie (that was very cool btw). Dannie, pleasure to meet you. Chugger - not soo much :wink1::wink1: I seriously have some of the best dive buds around. Jim, John, Scott, NetDoc, thanks for being such great company, as always :hugs:

Photos not brilliant quality but not too shabby for a phone camera:

dolphin11.jpg

Begger2.jpg

Begger.jpg

718.jpg

619.jpg

522.jpg

427.jpg

346.jpg

260.jpg

This was a FUN trip. As I told Jaimie in a PM last night, it's not important that we find teeth, it's just important that we have fun. What I failed to mention, was that it WAS important for ME to find some teeth, so I have several 2" megs (perfect) and a WHOLE meg that was almost 5 inches! It was by far the biggest meg of the day! :D Yay me!

Jellies with a 3" dome and 1" tentacles almost ruined the day for us. I may have been the only one NOT stung. However, I learned first hand the effects that bad air can have on you. Headaches and extreme nausea even to vomiting several times under water kept my bottom time to a minimum. Now, my throat is sore and my stomach is still upset, but not upset enough to miss a meal at Sonny's afterwards! :D

Two highlights: Finally meeting "beggar" the dolphin was cool

Second: an octopus about the size of a silver dollar wriggled out of MissD's goody bag. IT WAS SO DANG CUTE! I rescued it and DiverDani put it in a bottle of seawater. After we all got to have a good look at this amazing tiny creature, Danni put it back into the ocean. However, she used a trick she learned somewhere in Germany to dislodge the poor thing from the bottle! The critter was shaken fairly hard (not stirred). I am sure that it is STILL trying to figure out which is up/down. :D

BTW, did I mention that I found the BIGGEST meg for the day??? :D

Last edited:
I had a great time. Jamie, I'm glad I finally got out with you.

As everyone else has said, it's not the number of teeth, but the company!

I found a 3 small megs, a mako, a couple snaggles and a dozen meg fragments (They fill out the pitcher nicely).

Yes, bonus kudos to Danni and Jamie for an excellent time after the dives were complete!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom