100cf tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are diving with Blue Angel and I believe the standard tanks are 80cf...so for us it will not be a big deal regarding the other divers as we would have the bigger tanks, not them! :)

Thanks all for the advice, I sincerely appreciate it!

We are diving with Blue Angel and I believe the standard tanks are 80cf...so for us it will not be a big deal regarding the other divers as we would have the bigger tanks, not them! :)

Thanks all for the advice, I sincerely appreciate it!

My wife and I dive with Blue Angel as well. The 100's are AL 100's, not sure of the brand. The fill is usually at of just shy of 3300#. I use a 100, she uses an 80 and our bottom times match pretty close. We're usually pretty close to the rest of the group, but with Blue Angel you surface in "Buddy pairs", so you are not affecting the rest of the group to a great extent. The only issue is if the divemaster sends up a marker for you, then he has to tow it for the rest of the dive, which in some circumstances makes it tougher for him. We send up our own if we surface early.

The 100's are a beast to sling around. Make sure you can basically do a deep knee bend to get the butt end of the tank over the side before you do a backroll. Failing to get it over the side makes for an interesting entry. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom