Empty Tanks???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm genuinely curious of how that has happened. My experience after servicing nearly 10000 cylinders is the exact opposite for the above outlined reasons.
If you wouldn't mind detailing on how a cylinder thread failed because of the lack of lube, I'd appreciate that.
I see about 1500 cylinders yearly, not an estimate, a verified number through the logs, not counting the rental fleet which accounts for another several hundreds, for the last ~10 years.
I have never seen failure due to lube, and every single one of them gets lubed. 99% of tanks from other inspectors comes in and they have lube too.

Only ones I see where valves can’t be removed, have been from valves which weren’t lubed.

My experience after servicing nearly 10000 cylinders is the exact opposite for the above outlined reasons.
If you wouldn't mind detailing on how a cylinder thread failed because of the lack of lube, I'd appreciate that.

Wow..... servicing 10,000 cylinders is amazing!

Wow..... servicing 10,000 cylinders is amazing!
Wilt Chamberlin claimed to have serviced 20,000, well, guess they were not exactly scuba cylinders.

Thanks so much to all!
I’m down to just 1 of 14 that I’m not 100% sure empty. I opened a few of the small disks to left air bleed out. Stripped head on this last one. All have had air so I assume this one too. Will take to a scuba shop for help.

Back
Top Bottom