11-10 Monterey pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C:
More info and a video circling the "island" can be found on the BAUE website (Bay Area Underwater Explorers). These guys are techies who have done some great stuff, mapping sites in the Monterey area and discovered a previously unknown sunken barge in about 200 ft. off Monterey. Here's a link.
http://www.baue.org/projects/shale/

If you are talking about the Albion (the barge at 200ft) a few tech divers who are not members of BAUE recently started diving it regularly, and I don't think BAUE members were involved in finding the current location.

BTW, did Carol get a chance to try the long hose yet?

Sorry Paul, my mistake! While Clinton (who I think I recall was involved) is certainly a member, had I checked the roll sheet I would know that Marcos and Ken aren't. When I saw "barge" on the projects page, I had forgotten about the mapping of the Breakwater "barge". Carol hasn't used the long hose yet, but likes the reg so much she's considering swapping it to her primary.

Larry C:
Sorry Paul, my mistake! While Clinton (who I think I recall was involved) is certainly a member, had I checked the roll sheet I would know that Marcos and Ken aren't. When I saw "barge" on the projects page, I had forgotten about the mapping of the Breakwater "barge". Carol hasn't used the long hose yet, but likes the reg so much she's considering swapping it to her primary.

I'm glad she likes it! I myself now have 8 Atomic regulators, including a spare! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom