1GB xD in C-5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman was correct. I wanted to max out the storage capactiy in the camera. I already have a 2GB CF card for the 5050. It'd be nice to be able to shuttle movies and such over to the xD.

I currently use a 1GB compact flash and I will add a 512xD card for some Caribbean diving in February. I want to try my hand at some video footage, just for fun, and will use the xD card for that. My main focus (no pun intended) will be photos, though.

Check with Oly. It probably needs a firmware upgrade and then it will work.

herman:
Nope, the Oly site says no upgreade is available.
Do you mean for the xD card? I know for a fact that there is a firmware upgrade for the 5050. I've even seen the download on the net.

herman:
No thanks. I had only opened one so I just returned the other, I still wanted one of them for wifes new camera.
Rethink it. I just ordered a SP- 350

Interesting thread. I got a 1GB xD card from a shaky seller on eBay, and it didn't work in my 5050. Since the seller was removed from eBay, I wondered if it was a bad xD card, or if it was just not compatable.

I checked the Olympus web site and I found two entries in the compatability chart; one that shows the 1GB xD compatable with a C-5050 and one that says it is not.

So I emailed the Olympus Auctions at eBay to ask them WTH? The eBay CSR Team (auctions@olympus.com) responded that the 1GB xD card will work with my camera. Now I wonder again whether it is a bas xD card or just not compatable.

If anyone has more information about an upgrade, I would like to know more.

Wristshot

The xDs write incredibly slow anyway.

That being said, I have a 512xD and a gig CF in my 5060 and a gig CF and gig xD in my E500.

The xd card I had was a Fuji and new. It would not work in my 5050 but worked fine in an Oly D435. Rather than checking with sales, I would try the tech support. The chart on the Oly site I listed above indicates the xd is not compatable and there is no upgrade. Com[pact flash is cheaper anyway. I just wanted more on board storage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom