1st set of doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the price (if you can find a good deal) the 95s can't be beat. But what holds me back from buying a set is the how tall they are. I know some people don't seem to mind, but I hate trying to wiggle into my gear on a crowded boat. Having a tank thats too short just exacerbates the problem.

My PST HP 120s are the perfect size for me. They hold my Transpac at the perfect height for me and they trim out great in the water. I haven't doubled them up yet, but since I don't like the height of my other choices I will eventually have to bite the bullet.

Of course that assumes that I would be able to find another set :11:

hex92:
My PST HP 120s are the perfect size for me. They hold my Transpac at the perfect height for me and they trim out great in the water. I haven't doubled them up yet, but since I don't like the height of my other choices I will eventually have to bite the bullet.
If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

I'm planning on doubling up my 120's pretty soon. I'm 6'-3" and the height of the tank should be perfect. I realized the only time I'm using singles will be doing class work. I'll just get an AL80 from the shop and dive it with my singles rig. At least until I can afford a few more 120's for spares.

mweitz:
I'm 5'10 and my wife is 5'2 and we both dive double E7-100's. We both seem to trim out pretty well too.
bcsean:
I'm planning on doubling up my 120's pretty soon. I'm 6'-3" and the height of the tank should be perfect.
hex92:
6'4". The 120 feels like it was made for me....
Thanks everyone. At 5'10" I think I'll go with the E7-100's!

FWIW, Northeast Scuba Supply has a deal right now on Faber lp85's. They have single tanks and doubles packages available. (* standard disclaimer - I don't work for them*)

Today I bought a set of 85's with the manifold and bands included for a smokin' deal. I was originally planning to buy PST hp100's, but the price was right, so I'm sticking with 85's. Hopefully they'll do the trick for the diving I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom