1st Stage Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NaCl H2O

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Do all new first stages come with 1 lp port unplugged? And why?

Bought a Deep 6 yoke for travel, and just like it's DIN cousins one port is open. Can't be a cost factor, 6 other ports have them. Should I plug the port for travel to keep it clean? Don't plan on using it unless my destinations don't have DIN tanks.
Does it need to be open for a reason?

Do all new first stages come with 1 lp port unplugged? And why?

Bought a Deep 6 yoke for travel, and just like it's DIN cousins one port is open. Can't be a cost factor, 6 other ports have them. Should I plug the port for travel to keep it clean? Don't plan on using it unless my destinations don't have DIN tanks.
Does it need to be open for a reason?

They ship with one open because if someone puts it on a tank by accident the only way to depressurize the regulator is by removing a port plug which can seriously screw up those threads.

Throw it in a ziplock and you're good to go

Thanks Tbone, that makes sense and sounds like a practice learned the hard way!

Actually for me, in recent time, I have purchased a Mk 17 Evo and a Mk 2 Evo and both had all ports plugged. The "regulator" port had a plastic plug, the remaining ports had brass and chrome plugs. And where they ever in there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom