1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snorkelinglilypad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone identify the model and manufacturer of this 1st stage. Just checked IP and it was at 135psi with no drift

Attachments

• IMG_7378.jpeg
    IMG_7378.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7377.jpeg
    IMG_7377.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7376.jpeg
    IMG_7376.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 92
I have a hard time finding anything that matches in my records of around 680 first stages.
  • Are there any markings anywhere on the first stage?
  • Is there anything indicating the make on the screw attached to the yoke?
  • Which second stages is this paired to? Assuming these came with the first stage, this may give some clues.

For me it's quite clear an Aqualung Calypso/ Aquarius 1st, '94-97' model or a clone of that model, because the cap is a bit different with it's riffles to what I remember.
Everything else is exact that model, so I guess it might be the last model of those Calypso/Aquarius, that's why it shows on the schematics only the smooth cap.......

I have a hard time finding anything that matches in my records of around 680 first stages.
  • Are there any markings anywhere on the first stage?
  • Is there anything indicating the make on the screw attached to the yoke?
  • Which second stages is this paired to? Assuming these came with the first stage, this may give some clues.
No

I have looked and zero markings on the yoke, or body whatsoever. The regulator performs well but just curious for parts, or future maintenance. The 2nd stages are Palantic and seem to be balanced, breath well and do not free flow. I am confident that the 2nd stages are an after thought.

Thanks for your response.

That riffled cap is exactly what throws me off. It looks like the Aqualung Calypso, except that riffled cap. No markings on the body would mean that it is not an Aqualung, as the serial number would be somewhere on there.

Palantic has their regulator manufactured by Alloy Star. Depending on how Scuba Choice, which carries Palantic as their house brand, ordered their "Palantic" regulators, there may not be any markings on it.

Regardless, I do not know any Alloy Star / Palantic first stage that looks like this.

The knurling on the end cap is really strange. It's not like you would be able to twist that off by hand. The matte finish is also a little unusual. Finally, no one has commented yet that the yoke is standard shiny chrome so was likely added later.

The only reg company I can find that featured knurling on the first stage is TUSA. They also offered regs in a similar finish and the yoke appears similar. Maybe a predecessor to the RS1207?

There are lots of companies that have this knurling on their DIN handwheels (Highland, U.S. Divers, Beuchat, Aropec, Barakuda, Coltri, etc.). Knurling on the actual body of the first stage I only know of:
  • Dacor, e.g. Olympic100
  • Tigullio, e.g. Micro
  • Tusa, I do not have the name of the exact model, but do have a picture.
The yoke has almost certainly been changed at some stage as you noted.

Tusa always has a serial number embossed on their first stages, so that is likely not a Tusa first stage.

There are lots of companies that have this knurling on their DIN handwheels (Highland, U.S. Divers, Beuchat, Aropec, Barakuda, Coltri, etc.). Knurling on the actual body of the first stage I only know of:
  • Tusa, I do not have the name of the exact model, but do have a picture. It is
Tusa or Tabata TR-100 and TR-200. But they don't have the tank attachment inline like this one.

I just checked and it is the TR-10 that has a knurly bit, just underneath the swivel. Of course this is a complete different design to what we are looking for here.

This thing is a bit of a mystery to me.

I just checked and it is the TR-10 that has a knurly bit, just underneath the swivel. Of course this is a complete different design to what we are looking for here.

This thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Thanks very much for your reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom