(2/12/02) How Many dry suit divers are out there? what kind of dry suit do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is a very good suit! and as for price/quality it is outstanding, but the dui suits are better in terms of durability quality. More$$$, so it is simple if I get a good deal on a DUI and if I can sell my Catalyst at a good price then I will change if not I'm happy with my whites and will suggest it to any one who wants a geat suit and does not want to spend 4000 can$ an a suit.

m&m

I am the very very proud owner of a Gates PRO CBX450. It is my fave bit 'o' kit, coupled with my Weezle Extreme undersuit, I am a very toasty diver!!!!!

:wink:

Is the Oceanic Aeruda made by Gates? The Aeruda is also cordura just like the Gates CBX450. The Aeruda has "accordian" style knees and also a thermal collar-both of which the Gates doesn't have. The new Aeruda Ti is a great deal at SimplyScuba-perhaps the best deal in dry suits I have ever seen.

Originally posted by buff
Is the Oceanic Aeruda made by Gates? The Aeruda is also cordura just like the Gates CBX450. The Aeruda has "accordian" style knees and also a thermal collar-both of which the Gates doesn't have. The new Aeruda Ti is a great deal at SimplyScuba-perhaps the best deal in dry suits I have ever seen.

I don't think so, having said that I notice Gates have a new model now, with, wait for it.................thermal collar and cuffs and "accorrdian" pleated knees!!!!!!!!!!!! - spooky huh,?
Seeing as gates make lorry innertubes and conveyor belts, perhaps the question should be "Do oceanic make/supply gates drysuits?. To be honest it doesn't matter, one of my regular buddies dives with an oceanic and the similarities are 'spooky'

I use a DiveRite 905 suit. It's awesome in every way. No sewn seams at all. It's a trilaminate type shell suit. The inner layer is butul rubber and then the seams are RF welded so the suit is actually one solid piece of rubber.

It's got very heavy duty latex wrist and neck seals, a warm neck collar that you tuck your hood in to, two thigh pockets, one is permanent and one removable.

Very nice boots that are very slim and fit most fins well. Internal suspenders, a must have. SiTech inlet and automatic exhaust valves.

This suit is perfect in every way.

The rear entry is so easy to get in and out of and to be honest for you solo divers (gasp!) I can open and close the zip by myself so that's not a problem.

My vote is for the 905 by DiveRite! And there's more: comes with an inflator hose with a very easy to use quick disconnect, zipper lube, a talc bag, complete field repair kit with glue and patches and a very good manual all in a nice convienient plastic box. Oh yeah and a nice storage bag and did I mention it was under a Grand? Yeah it was $995 out the door at my LDS (local dive shop).

Gate pro 1100 very happy with it. Not sure on the material but extremely durable and flexible. I noticed someone was looking for where they were sold. A few large commercial dive shops in the New Orleans area have them, they also will modify them to fit you as they only make stock sizes.

JSC

Just ordered for a DUI CF200 custom about a month ago.
Will take another month to get here.
Worth the wait though.
Can't wait to get it frozen i mean wet.

DUI CLX450

I have a Dive Rite 905 and I love it! Fantastic suit. Zero complaints - very well thought out. I warrants my highest recommendation

Just bought myself one for XMas.

Can't dive it without some training first.

Phooey!

Peter Doege
(Who is chomping on the bit)

Back
Top Bottom