2 great dive shops in Padang Bai, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should give a reason for avoiding absolute Scuba; I have just finished 2 tour groups with them and have no complaints, they scored an 8.75 from the group survey which I think speaks for them.
Concern_Diver
Singapore
I had my concerns about booking with Padang Bai Beach Resort which is associated with Absolute Scuba last year and so made enquiries with OK divers. Both were recommended by a friend who has herself worked as a Dive Centre manager in Padang Bai for 5 years and so is familiar with most dive centres there. But I found Radka's terms a bit too restrictive (and her attitude was rather patronising, which rubbed me the wrong way) and so did not continue the negotiations. I switched back to Padang Bai Beach Resort and this time the new manager Olivier was extremely helpful and I was able to organise a very satisfactory dive/accommodation package with him. Granted that I have not been dealing with Absolute Scuba directly but Olivier has promised to see that everything goes properly. He seems to be a very pro-active person in ensuring guest satisfaction and listens to all the requests made by potential clients.

wow very good coment about padangbai dive shop. I am Darta wayan is the instructor from padangbai.I have been diving for 27 years so I know which is the best ,good or bad. But according to me that if you never do never know ,like that . Its true,so accoerding to me that please dont give value it like the best.I have been working with geko for nearly 10 years. if I am not there geko will not like you think.Geko always think about .....services....?????
So I was resigned and built the new dive company by my own.PADANGBAI BALI DIVE is the name of my shop.Lets come to me then I will serve you very well and make you happines more tha you got in geko or ok dive
Darta/padangbaibalidive

Have to agree Tulamben Wreck Divers are the go
My opinion to get the most out of the wreck, best to dive very early morning.
A lot more to see early morning.
So I think it is well worth it to stay overnight. (at least ).

To certain Padang Bai business owners...

The best way to ensure western customers do not chose to dive with you is to put down another operation. By all means talk your business up and let us know what you think you do well, but when you talk sh-- all you do is turn most people off.

Best of luck.

To certain Padang Bai business owners...

The best way to ensure western customers do not chose to dive with you is to put down another operation. By all means talk your business up and let us know what you think you do well, but when you talk sh-- all you do is turn most people off.

Best of luck.
Extremely well said and I agree heartily. That is one of the things that I liked about Olivier at PBBB; when I explained my reasons for changing out of another Padang Bai operative to PBBB, the first thing he said was that as far as he knew that other outfit was also very good. When I made my enquiries, he not only ticked all the right boxes on paper but also those that were not. I have always trusted my instinct while making enquiries abroad and so far that has not let me down.

I am always suspicious of characters "promising to serve" and to point out everything but Moby Dick during the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom