20 mile barge and Rome Dive trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like everyone on the trip was wearing their 3mm's. Between the air temps and water temps were they comfortable or is it about time to go to thicker suits? Just wondering, I have not been out in the water in a little while (need to get out soon, starting to get the shakes). Looks and sounds like a great time had by all.

I was wearing a 3mm gold core with a hooded vest and I was fine. John had his 5mm InstaDry and he got cool on the first dive then he put on a hood for the second dive and said he was fine.
Water at depth 72* and the surface is 69*

Excellent, I don't really get cold at that easy. You might remember me amadus98, I dove with you last winter on Gary's boat. I think we did the 3 mile barge and the dredge. I have a boat coat so the air temps don't really bother me. It's that first splash into cold water and the screaming, yelling, and cursing that I try to avoid:D.

Yes Wjefferies i remember you.how have ya been , you missed a great dive.... we need another togo along on the 1st of dec to the "O" come join us. Im hopeing the water temp is the same. I dont think a week will make that much of a diff in water temp. Im hopeing anyhow.lol

Hey , if anyone has one of those boat coats I will be glad to borrow it...I know amadus can't keep all three of us warm...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom