2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah... I really just don't like it when they moved the Iron Bowl to the same as Thanksgiving weekend. It really just messes things up. I mean beforehand, the 3rd weekend in November was almost a "state holiday" as everyone in the state focused the ENTIRE weekend just on the Iron Bowl. It was the only day of the year that I think that Walmart is empty! :rofl3:

Yeah thats the truth!! Except for wherever they are playing and any location within earshot of a TV or radio the state looks like a ghost town. Speaking of walmart im going to go pick up some RAID to kill this little bug that keeps crawling on my screen!!!LOL:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

What a great time late summer is. Every team, in each of our minds, has the potential to be the next National Champion, and no one has lost a game yet. At this point, all the media attention is on Georgia and Florida. Saban has had a great recruiting year. Miles is coming off a Nat. Championship. Nutt has a new home. Petrino will be looking for another new home. And Auburn fans have to start learning how to hold up 7 fingers...and hold a beer...at the same time!!! WDE

And Auburn fans have to start learning how to hold up 7 fingers...and hold a beer...at the same time!!! WDE

wow.... I forgot this year will be "7 Fingers"!

pretty soon we'll be wearing shirts that say "Fear the other thumb!"

I don't think it's a bad thing, but they also have forced the "last regular season game" into Thanksgiving weekend also. Since that last game is often the "state rival game" it means it's often hard to attend if you want to go and also visit family the same weekend.

When I was at Auburn the Iron bowl was always the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I liked that way. Of course, at the time, my family lived in B'ham, so I was at home anyways.

I love the smell of football in the air...

WAR EAGLE!!!

I came into the SEC by marriage. My DH is an Alabama Alum and my son is at his freshman orientation today and tomorrow. I'm really excited about this year. Ready to see some good football on our 72" HDTV!!! Lots o' red!

Roll Tide!!

If I was free the opening weekend, I'd definately try to goto the Alabama vs Clemson game. Being played on "middle ground" at the Geordia Dome in Atlanta.

As hot as it will be, will be nice to start the season off in air conditioning.

If I was free the opening weekend, I'd definately try to goto the Alabama vs Clemson game. Being played on "middle ground" at the Geordia Dome in Atlanta.

As hot as it will be, will be nice to start the season off in air conditioning.

You obviously havent been on the field there. Last year at the SEC championship, it was measured at about 98 degrees on the field, in December. I'd hate to be there opening weekend.

You obviously havent been on the field there. Last year at the SEC championship, it was measured at about 98 degrees on the field, in December. I'd hate to be there opening weekend.

Matt! where you been hiding!?

Nope..... I've never been on the field there. I'm surprised it was that hot on the field though. I wonder why? all the lights or something?

The times I've been in the stands it was very nice and comfortable.

one other nice thing about this game being there, since it's not a normal NCAA stadium, I'm betting you'll be able to buy beer there! (it was that way for past games at least).

I've only been to that stadium a couple times.... One of them was when the part of the roof collapsed several years ago. If you're in that stadium in a big storm, its crazy to watch the room "move". They had the SEC basketball championship there last year (put a basketball court up on the football field floor). They had to cancel the games there because of a storm that hit. part of the roof tore away right before one of the games.... they caught it all on camera.

Matt! where you been hiding!?

Nope..... I've never been on the field there. I'm surprised it was that hot on the field though. I wonder why? all the lights or something?

The times I've been in the stands it was very nice and comfortable.

one other nice thing about this game being there, since it's not a normal NCAA stadium, I'm betting you'll be able to buy beer there! (it was that way for past games at least).

I've only been to that stadium a couple times.... One of them was when the part of the roof collapsed several years ago. If you're in that stadium in a big storm, its crazy to watch the room "move". They had the SEC basketball championship there last year (put a basketball court up on the football field floor). They had to cancel the games there because of a storm that hit. part of the roof tore away right before one of the games.... they caught it all on camera.

Staying busy. Taking summer classes to fill the void between basketball and football season.

I think the on field conditions are mostly due to lack of air circulation. Even when we practiced there at like 7AM, the field was already hot and stuffy. Noticed similar conditions on the floor of the SEC basketball tournaments too. I'm sure the lights have a substantial effect. Its bright down there.

I dont know what the rules are for this game, but I'm almost positive its no beer for the SEC championships. I think it is an SEC rule, but have no clue how it works in a game like this. Might be based on who the home team is. Word on the street is that if you sit in the club level, you get out of the rules though.

I was supposed to be at those games. Instead I went to the Caribbean on a cruise for Spring Break. Cozumel/Caymens vs. Stuffy Georgia Tech gym and running for tornado debris... what would you do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom