2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know what the rules are for this game, but I'm almost positive its no beer for the SEC championships. I think it is an SEC rule, but have no clue how it works in a game like this.

I don't now how the rules are. I know you can't have beer in a NCAA stadium, but this isn't a NCAA stadium.

When they had the Music City Bowl (which has a SEC team play in it) in Nashville at the Titans stadium, you could buy beer at the game though. (cost you $7 freaking bucks for one beer though).

I was supposed to be at those games. Instead I went to the Caribbean on a cruise for Spring Break. Cozumel/Caymens vs. Stuffy Georgia Tech gym and running for tornado debris... what would you do?

SEC screwed their fans for those games. They would only let college staff and family and SEC employees into the stadium for those games after they change of venue. (because the stadium wasn't large enough to hold everyone they sold tickets to). I was amazed at the empty seats that could have been filled by at least some of the fans that had traveled to Atlanta, bought tickets, paid hotels, etc for their trip.

I don't now how the rules are. I know you can't have beer in a NCAA stadium, but this isn't a NCAA stadium.

When they had the Music City Bowl (which has a SEC team play in it) in Nashville at the Titans stadium, you could buy beer at the game though. (cost you $7 freaking bucks for one beer though).

SEC screwed their fans for those games. They would only let college staff and family and SEC employees into the stadium for those games after they change of venue. (because the stadium wasn't large enough to hold everyone they sold tickets to). I was amazed at the empty seats that could have been filled by at least some of the fans that had traveled to Atlanta, bought tickets, paid hotels, etc for their trip.

I was under the impression USCe sold beer at their games, but that stadium is at the fairgrounds. I'm pretty sure most all bowl games sell it. Pretty sure both the Cotton and Outback bowls did.

What were you doing in Atlanta for those games anyways? Didnt your team go home on Thursday?

What were you doing in Atlanta for those games anyways? Didnt your team go home on Thursday?

I wasn't in ATL for the SEC Basketball championship.... (the night the roof tore last year).

The time I was in the Georgia Dome that they had a roof problem was years before. Falcons vs Cleveland game. Part of the roof fell that night. (just a section.). Luckily no one was hurt. But we watched the entire roof "sway" back and forth that night as a huge storm passed over. We were pretty concerned about there being a problem with it when we were sitting there... the section fell later that night after folks left.

A few years back, I went to the Tennessee vs Wyoming game at the Titan's Stadium in Nashville, and the alcohol flowed. Come to think of it, I haven't been to a game in Knoxville the last 20 yrs. that didn't have tons of alcohol, all illegal of course.
:D

I may live in TN but GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.... Are you SURE you want to go diving with all us VOLS this weekend?

I think the on field conditions are mostly due to lack of air circulation. Even when we practiced there at like 7AM, the field was already hot and stuffy.

The Astrodome was notorious for its high humidity and lack of circulation on and around the field. Texas Stadium is the same way until mid-to-late October -- and it's not totally enclosed.

So, should I do this like last season and wait calmly in the background until it's time to win another championship, or should I start cheering more loudly for the purple and gold to distract myself from the soap opera that's been running in the green and gold (my home NFL team)? :D

So, should I do this like last season and wait calmly in the background until it's time to win another championship, or should I start cheering more loudly for the purple and gold to distract myself from the soap opera that's been running in the green and gold (my home NFL team)? :D

Whooop it up TIGER!

A few years back, I went to the Tennessee vs Wyoming game at the Titan's Stadium in Nashville, and the alcohol flowed. Come to think of it, I haven't been to a game in Knoxville the last 20 yrs. that didn't have tons of alcohol, all illegal of course.

Ive been to every UT game the last four years, and alcohol flows everywhere. Funny seeing the differences in the different stadiums. Here its always Jack. Kentucky has Jim. In Florida it looked like a lot of rum.

And whats this weekend diving with Vols?

Back
Top Bottom