2009 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a squeaker and it shore wasn't pretty!!! Them hogs were determined to upset us and we only led for about 3 minutes. But the final 13 seconds was all we needed! w00t!!!

Gator 2009 Football Schedule

When | The Victim | Where | Current Rank | Outcome
Sat Sep 5|Charleston Southern|The Swamp!|NR (Big South)| WIN! 62-3
Sat Sep 12|Troy|The Swamp!|NR (Sunbelt)| WIN! 56-6
Sat Sep 19|Tennessee| The Swamp!|NR (SEC)| WIN! 23-10
Sat Sep 26|at Kentucky|Lexington, KY|NR (SEC)| WIN! 41-7
Sat Oct 10|at LSU|Baton Rouge, LA|4 (SEC)| WIN! 13-3
Sat Oct 17|Arkansas (HC)|The Swamp! |NR (SEC)| WIN! 23-20
Sat Oct 24|at Mississippi State|Starkville, MS|NR (SEC)|
Sat Oct 31|vs Georgia|Jacksonville, FL |NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 7| Vanderbilt|The Swamp!|NR (SEC)|
Sat Nov 14|at South Carolina|Columbia, SC|22 (SEC)|
Sat Nov 21|Florida International|The Swamp!|NR (SunBelt)|
Sat Nov 28|Florida State|The Swamp!|NR (Atlantic Coast)|
Sat Dec 5|SEC West Champ|Ga Dome|2??? SEC Champ Game|

Yeah, I gave myself a manicure the past three hours. If I were an Arkansas fan I would be very happy with the direction of the program. They are going to be a major force in this league IMO...

gators should thank the officials for that game, if not for the bad calls, Hogs win! how can you not call offensive pass interference when the guy is on his back, terrible, Gators lost that game, saved by the officials not doubt about it

well I think that this is proof the Gators can be beaten. Imagine if unranked Arkansas could have beaten Florida. (they sure creamed Auburn this past weekend.

Alabama beat South Carolina as expected.

Auburn went away with it's tail between it's legs again. Auburn actually beat itself. I think one play drive in the 4th quarter they had 5 or 6 penalties against them for prob at least 50 yards. :shakehead:

Out of the SEC, Sam Bradford got whacked again and looks like his shoulder might be in limbo again.

UGa downed Vandy today as well, 34-10

Mississippi St took out Middle Tennessee 27-6

Tennessee had a bye... so did another team, but I can't remember who.

UGA was trailing Vandy today at one point though. I didn't get to watch but a few minutes of it, but every now and then Vandy pulls one out of the bag.

I expect Lane Kiffin will be eating more crow after next weekend. He'll come up with some lame excuse or smart-alec remark after the Tide rolls over them. (just like he did about Urban Myer after the FL game).

Yes, that is starting to look pretty likely.

Personally I don't think it would ever be a good idea to have two teams from the same conf play for the title.

Totally agree. It should be an absolute requirement that to play for a national championship you have to be your conference champion. And to make the BCS picture a little less fuzzy all conferences should be required to have a championship game (that means YOU big 10[11]) and the 10 BCS teams should be the 10 conference champions.

I think the Hogs really exposed the Gators lack of offensive firepower yesterday. No deep passing game, running game is one dimensional. If Aaron Hernandez gets injured, they are in deep deep trouble. Even with him, watching yesterday's game I really wonder how the Gators could beat the elite defenses in Div 1A like USC and 'Bama. I am switching my picks for the title game to those two (not impressed by Texas either).

Indeed, Florida's first half was disastrous. 4 fumbles! That hasn't happened all year long! They made it four times into the red zone with only one score. Thank goodness there are two halves! The Hogs really wanted this one but the Gators reached down and denied them the pleasure.

Did the Gators have an "off" day? You betcha. They overcame that and prevailed. Just maybe they can't be beaten. I'm hoping for eight more wins!

gators should thank the officials for that game, if not for the bad calls, Hogs win! how can you not call offensive pass interference when the guy is on his back, terrible, Gators lost that game, saved by the officials not doubt about it
I have to agree with you. The Gator's last TD was thanks to the Zebras. Defensive Pass-interference: Questionable. Offensive Pass -interference NO Call-:confused:.
Personal Foul- :shakehead: Most ludicrous call I've ever witnessed. When does NOT standing there and taking a hit from an O-player become a personal foul? Florida was headed straight at the player and the defender lowers his shoulder and cleans the lizard's clock and the flag flies; must be a new rule: Stand there and don't dare defend against an offensive player bent on creaming you 20 yards away from the play.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom