2012 Our World Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, even though the list looks small here. we seem to take up most of the atrium with our party. last year we hooked up with Cheryl patterson and her crew. Plus a few others. so it does get to be pretty big. During the show. you always seem to run into a bunch of people that you know. so don't worry about his list being short.

Oh I'm not. Just want to make sure we all know who to be looking for. I'm really looking forward to finally making to the show! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Train tickets purchased now wondering which hotel I will get a reservation at and which one I will actually sleep in?

I reserved a room at DoubleTree again this year. They currently have rooms going for $71.25 and it's a short walk to Embassy suites for their free cocktail hour(s) and to meet up with the rest of the GLWC gang!

Or its not to far from the Embassy to attract housing reps or other naked GLWC members who did not split the cost of the room but were to drunk to even know where they were at that night or even early the next morning.

Or its not to far from the Embassy to attract housing reps or other naked GLWC members who did not split the cost of the room but were to drunk to even know where they were at that night or even early the next morning.

Hahah...this is true! But if my memory serves me correctly... I think Bonecrusher helped those people get back to the DT! Who is going to help everyone out this year!?!?!

Was at this show 2 years ago. Its a nice show, but not worth the expense of driving several hours and getting a room. Kinda been there done that.

Was at this show 2 years ago. Its a nice show, but not worth the expense of driving several hours and getting a room. Kinda been there done that.

It's obvious you have never hooked up with the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew; I will guarantee you that you have not "been there done that"

It's obvious you have never hooked up with the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew; I will guarantee you that you have not "been there done that"

Yes, but the title to the thread is 2012 Our World Under Water, not hook up the GLRC. I was commenting on the the show.

Yes, but the title to the thread is 2012 Our World Under Water, not hook up the GLRC. I was commenting on the the show.

But the thread is in the GLWC forum! :crafty:

I understand your perspective. This'll be my first show and I've been diving for over 6 years. With the cost of the show, hotel, and fuel, it's not a small chunk of change. I doubt this will become a yearly trip for me, but I've been wanting to make it to the show for a few years now and decided to simply make it happen this year. I'm looking forward to it!

With that said, my original post didn't ask what people thought of the show, nor whether they thought it was worthwhile or valuable. I simply asked who, from the GLWC, was going. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom