$290 Millon Dollar PowerBall Jackpot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've told my boss I'll be quitting :) Just in case, I figure that counts as two weeks notice...

I would find a nice place UNDERWATER about 120 ft down and build a big underwater house at least 4000 sqft. Have a 50 FT Catamaran up top to go to the tropical islands. Pay off all my bills. Pay off Relatives bills and give each of them each a certain amount each year till they all have $500,000.00 each, that way the Goverment does not tax the money I give them :D. Once the underwater house is done all ScubaBoard members are invited to the largest underwater bash they ever have seen. :14:

I would have my husband quit his job, help family, set up some endowments for a few non-profits, get some property and built our dream house. Hire someone to train at the lab and go on dive trips.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Ok y'all...make it $340 Million...Holy Freaking Cow!!!!! :jump:

Well at this rate NO ONE will win. The odds are just too great. I'd rather they go back to the way it was and spread the wealth a bit more.

However this plan is working well for our government. They already collect 75% or more of the money, and now they are getting record numbers of people playing, are not haviing to pay out (I think this is going on two months) and collecting interest. On top of that for those who choose an annuity, they will have less people to administer on that end as well.

Amazing how well our government can collect $$$. Seems like the only thing they are VERY good at.

Well, since we're at this, I'd first get one of these:

http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/luxury.php3

Then I'd have over $100mm leftover for philanthropic stuff. As for diving, maybe a drysuit for both warm and cold waters (DUI no less), rebreather, several computers (color VR3). An island in the pacific (with a dock for the sub). Aside from that ... nothing much else ... oh, I forgot ... jewelry for the boss (pink diamond ??)

SCUBAJENNIFER:
The winning ticket has been bought! Liveaboards for Everyone!!!:D

How did you know I bought it yesterday!? :D

I'm driving to KY today after work to get mine.

Cash payout I figure about 129mil after cash option/taxes. Half into ten year treasuries, quarter into growth portfolio and quarter into charitable foundation. (Hire friends and relatives to assist with foundation.)

Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom