$290 Millon Dollar PowerBall Jackpot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Y'all the Powerball is up to $290 million...with a cash option of $140 million. For those of you who don't know what the Powerball is...It's a multi-state lottery jackpot that we have here in the states. I buy my tickets religiously and I already have my ultimate dive trip all plotted out when I win :14: ...All first class of course! I'm going to make my travel agent one happy fellow :D

My question is...what would you do with the money if you won??

Me? Since I am in paradise already I'd buy a house, not too big, near the water with enough land to have some privacy (maybe on a different Island). Get a good camera set up and have fun with it. Fulfill my hubbys dream - A building/room just for him and aaaaaaallllll his scuba stuff. I'd give my kids some money to secure their future (they don't have to know how much so it doesn't go to their heads). I'd give some to my parents. I have a couple of friends that could use some $ help (I would send it so they don't know where it's coming from and can't ask for more)...Then I would fly in some people that I haven't seen in a long time and just have some fun. Then just relax and take it easy with the rest.

I wish there were a way that I could play - no lottery in Hawaii :bawling:

justleesa:
I wish there were a way that I could play - no lottery in Hawaii :bawling:
Don't cry too hard. Lotteries, AKA "taxation on the statistically challenged" :), are the most regressive form of taxation in the nation. The poorest people spend not only a higher fraction of their income on lottery, but also more in absolute $$.

Charlie99:
Don't cry too hard. Lotteries, AKA "taxation on the statistically challenged" :), are the most regressive form of taxation in the nation. The poorest people spend not only a higher fraction of their income on lottery, but also more in absolute $$.

Well just kill the fantasy why doncha...lol :D

I'd throw the biggest Dive trip party for all my Scubaboard Buddies and then I'd buy an island in the south pacific and crown myself King ( It's good to be the King) and then give some to a charity that takes care of poor kids in the USA.

scubajim:
I'd throw the biggest Dive trip party for all my Scubaboard Buddies and then I'd buy an island in the south pacific and crown myself King ( It's good to be the King) and then give some to a charity that takes care of poor kids in the USA.

Party at Jim's!!! :partytime :coke: :party2: :cheers:

hmmmmm.......buy a home in a few choice holiday spots and travel the world, let hubby go crazy with all the camera toys he could think off, buy homes for all my nephews, support charities that save kids from a world of pain and then employ george clooney to carry my gear everywhere!

almitywife:
employ george clooney to carry my gear everywhere!

Now that's a great idea...Although I think I would rather have someone young and strapping (Orlando Bloom) to carry my gear so that George and I could spend some quality time together... he he :07:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom