2nd annual Turkey Fry at Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on call that weekend, but will at least stop by.

I'm in . Is there something that you want everyone to bring with us? A dish to pass a turkey fryer or a turkey? Drinks? I don't know what to do if you have the thing set-up please let us know where to help.

Taildragger, just offer to bring something. Dive4funoften will be bringing the turkey and fryer stuff. I will bring some yummy apple crisp- kinda like apple pie without the crust, and maybe a pumpkin pie also.

count me in,, I will be there need to get someone to cover me for the day, and need to buy a new canopy for shade and a place to store the gear.

Jenny I have some items of yours again lol you did it this time will bring them next week..

Uh...ok....ya sure you didn't take them just so we can continue the hostage thing?:D
I will be bringing the orange bag...hopefully this time it makes it home with me ;D

Put me down as a tentative, will see how the cave diving goes on the preceeding two days - might need a break :wink: I have no particular special dishes, but i can chip in money towards the cost of the turkey! Hope to see you all there.

Venice will be like cave diving- I won't be in the water for one, so you'll not have DUST CLOUDS to contend with.

BTW, I'm really working on getting something like a torpedo or something else that will move water to sweep away dirt.... :wink:

So, is there a decent place to stay in this area? For me to make it I will have to come down on Friday (or leave at oh! dark thirty).

And any idea how many dives? I figure I can probably stretch my 119's for two dives a piece if the water is only 20fsw? Guess I'll just dive my drysuit with sweats or sumthin'

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

(who really wants to make this trip!)

Torpedo - to shoot the marine patrol?? Just put one across their bows and see what they do!

Dive_doh - most of us just dive until our tanks run low, which can be anything from 40-120mins. As for places to stay, dont really know of any, there are campsites nearby, and i am sure there are plenty of motels or far more expensive hotels with nice ocean views. Its going to be a good 4.5 drive for you. I'll be in my 5mm, mostly due to having worn it the rest of the weekend already.....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom