3/8" to 9/16" HP Port Change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could the hose manufacturer have driven the port size decision?

I like to think that long-overdue common sense drove it and making them the same was an oversight in the beginning. There haven't been many changes to the [-]standards[/-] conventions in diving that were so quickly adopted.

They made adapters that go from one size to the other. They are hard to come by. I have some.

Dive Gear Express has most any adapter you can think of.
https://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/adapters/hose.shtml

Yup, can confirm; ordered a few from DGE a few weeks ago. LeisurePro and VintageDoubleHose also sell them as do others. Any Trident dealer should be able to order it.

I've got a couple ScubaPro MK5s (3rd gen from 1978-1979) and a Voit MR-12 with the 3/8" HP ports that I still use with adapters.

I remember my regulator from the sixties, as well as my tank had tapered pipe fittings. I think it was a Healthways. Thinner walled hoses have made the need for a 1/2" fitting unneeded.

Back
Top Bottom