3 adults and a 1 yr old baby go to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without a question, the Cozumel Palace is the nicest AI hotel on the island. About its only flaw is that it does not have a sandy beach, only a small artificial sandy area. Otherwise, everything is top notch - the rooms are luxurious, dining is outstanding, large beautiful pool, bars serve name brand drinks, and the staff works very hard to make your visit as nice as possible. The resort is also conveniently located in town, providing easy access to other things that the island has to offer. As ggunn already said, it's not exactly inexpensive, but worth it, IMHO. I stayed there in June this year and am going back in February for another week to dive with Blue XT Sea. Can't wait!

Other AI's on the island I've stayed at include the Occidental Grand, Iberostar, and the Allegro, and they're all pretty decent to varying degrees as well (the Grand is quite nice, actually), but they are 20 minutes by taxi out of town, which some folks may or may not prefer. On the other hand, these resorts are located a lot closer to the southern dive sites, allowing for shorter boat rides.

Bo

I am a travel agent and I was just at the Reef Club with my 10 months old son and my wife. I did 12 dives and they both had a great time at the hotel. The AI makes Mom's life easier.
The food is good and very good in the specialties restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom