3 tank dive Dec 29th, West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen:
The last time ii I flew them, I sat on the ground for 5 because they did not want to fly the plane in the hanger becasue the original plane was late. The one in the hanger had arrived the night before and needed to be cleaned. When they did decide to fly it and the crew arrived, all the passangers had the wonderful experience of listening to the pilot and head steward with the fello crew arguing because the flight crew aside from the pilot did not want to fly. My flight was going to take off at 9 am and did not get off the ground till after 3, plus there was really no where to get food where we were in the gate, and they would not allow us to leave the gate to get food nor did they bring anything in. It was the WORST flight experience I ever had.
Sounds like you caught this airline on a bad day. I assure you that every airline had these incidents on a regular basis. When you spend your life in airports, you get to see the unfortuneate side effects of an industry laden with complicated logistics and rules. Often, the public gets the short answer or a fabricated story that is easier to explain than the truth. The perfect example comes from watching the television show called "Airline". It depicts Southwest Airlines worst and best moments. When you see what is happening, you shake your head. A passenger could go a lifetime and never see any of these worst and best moments, but if you just happen to, you would formulate a "I'd never fly them, or a I love this airline attitude."

My advice, give them a second chance. If they fail you again, then they deserve to lose your business. Heck, this time sounds like it would be on one of their competitors anyway.

I think that show is a must see for any frequent flyer. I can't believe some of the crap the staff/crew have to put up with. I was very lucky, when I went over seas the pilot was hanging around the boarding gate (not exactly sure why) and just started chatting with a few of us, before long, An older gentlemen and I had an invite to check out the "deck" . The entire crew were amazing. My only complaint was on the ride home, after re-boarding in Malaysia, one of the crew gave me jelly fish and cucumber something, looked like jello...... It certainly made for a few good laughs all around when I asked what I was supposed to do with it... Other than that, I had a nice looooong flight.

Sorry to hear about your incident Ashley, I probably would have been pretty mad to, but in all fairness, you should give them another chance to make it up to you. Hope you arrive here safe.

Cheers,
Vickie

I agree with you when it comes to second chances, but this would not be their second chance with me or my family. The upsetting factor is that I was flying business class to know go in what would be less then economy with excessive restrictions. I know have a baggage restriction when I had non and with my dive bag I am heavily over weight and they don't want to compensate. I should be happy that I got a flight out being the xmas holiday and all. I am sure once I get through with them that arrangements will be made. They cancelled all their flights until the 26th. I am sure once I speak to them they can make arrangements with my baggage. I really don't like renting gear except for tanks and weights. I know won't be shipping tanks becaseu of the cost, unless I can get a discount with the airline. oh well will see tomorrow. Eric are you going to the meet and greet on the 19th?

Ash

I love this fourm...Everyone is soooooo nice. I can't wait to move to Florida

Ash :07:

adrisen:
I agree with you when it comes to second chances, but this would not be their second chance with me or my family. The upsetting factor is that I was flying business class to know go in what would be less then economy with excessive restrictions. I know have a baggage restriction when I had non and with my dive bag I am heavily over weight and they don't want to compensate. I should be happy that I got a flight out being the xmas holiday and all. I am sure once I get through with them that arrangements will be made. They cancelled all their flights until the 26th. I am sure once I speak to them they can make arrangements with my baggage. I really don't like renting gear except for tanks and weights. I know won't be shipping tanks becaseu of the cost, unless I can get a discount with the airline. oh well will see tomorrow. Eric are you going to the meet and greet on the 19th?

Ash
:wink: ......., just get here! You'll feel much better once the salty air hits you. :D

Adrisen,

I have regs and the like, if you would like to borrow a few things. Also have wet suits, BCs and other stuff, but as I don't know your size, it would be difficult to fit you. Also have cylinders, but have already promised the extra NITROX tanks to Eric. If you would like straight air (either three 80's or three 62's) I can help you out with that too (To answer the question, yes, I do have a small dive shop in my garage).

What 'Meet and Greet' on the 19th? I think I missed something. Won't be able to make it as I'm leading a class to beautiful and exotic Lake Denton for a day of fun in the tropical sun (tongue firmly in cheek here).

May not be able to respond for a few days as I'm on a business trip (I'm one of those Frequent Flyers you hear about... Also known as "Self-Loading Baggage" to the bubba's in the small room in the front of the airplane - shot at ya, MEMPIOLOT) and won't be back until Friday.

Take care and play nice

Lee

Hoya97:
Adrisen,

I have regs and the like, if you would like to borrow a few things. Also have wet suits, BCs and other stuff, but as I don't know your size, it would be difficult to fit you. Also have cylinders, but have already promised the extra NITROX tanks to Eric. If you would like straight air (either three 80's or three 62's) I can help you out with that too (To answer the question, yes, I do have a small dive shop in my garage).

What 'Meet and Greet' on the 19th? I think I missed something. Won't be able to make it as I'm leading a class to beautiful and exotic Lake Denton for a day of fun in the tropical sun (tongue firmly in cheek here).

May not be able to respond for a few days as I'm on a business trip (I'm one of those Frequent Flyers you hear about... Also known as "Self-Loading Baggage" to the bubba's in the small room in the front of the airplane - shot at ya, MEMPIOLOT) and won't be back until Friday.

Take care and play nice

Lee

Hi Lee

I am bringing most of my gear..The only thing I how can't bring are tanks, so I would love to take you up on your tank offer. I would be more then happy to fill them. I would love to borrow you 80's. while down. I will have to find weight somewhere...I think 16-18 punds should do me, depending if I wear my skin or 3mm.

You guys are so amazing. I can't wait to get there on sat. They are finding me a flight.

Ash

adrisen:
Hi Lee

I am bringing most of my gear..The only thing I how can't bring are tanks, so I would love to take you up on your tank offer. I would be more then happy to fill them. I would love to borrow you 80's. while down. I will have to find weight somewhere...I think 16-18 punds should do me, depending if I wear my skin or 3mm.

You guys are so amazing. I can't wait to get there on sat. They are finding me a flight.

Ash
we have half of that in lead for you, I'm sure all of us together will get it covered. Glad to hear you now have a flight...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom