30-40 dives and rebreather certified?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like this guy's rebreather is going to make him a no breather! I agree with Nimoh, some people pick things up quickly and are capable of doing things others are not.

you cant fix stupid......i would not take a student with only 20 dives ,,,thats just me , as for buying units off e bay i do it all the time no one asked for a card (did it last week ) i have yet to get one that didnt need work , but i KNEW what was wrong..........someone not a tech wont , then they will die ........i try not to be a scubs cop, i try to show in a nice manner the errors of their ways (and usually get them NOT to dive) but as a military buddy says "ya cant fix crazy ,if they really want to die " my 2 cents

"20 logged dives" - some of us don't bother logging dives on paper.

20 is a pretty easy number to get if you've say been diving for years and years and never bothered to get certified, but now want to do something new and the instructor wants you to have advanced openwater/whatever, or if you're interested in becoming a DM for liability reasons on a boat, if you training agency is now defunct, etc..

If you're only at 20 and you're a new diver, it'll become really obvious that you're not capable of handling yourself in the water.

Back
Top Bottom